cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had a buyer request to refund an item.

I had a buyer request a refund seven days ago, I immediately offered the buyer the same thing that I offered two weeks prior.  I have heard 0 from the buyer since then.  Do I just let that request sit there?  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@mikeystoyz wrote:

Do I just let that request sit there?  

That is the worst thing you could possibly do.

You never ask ebay to step in or wait for a buyer to escalate a case.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Already put my info in for the buyer.  The buyer hasnt responded to my offer.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Did the buyer open a return case or just message you with the request?

What did you offer the buyer?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Yes, customer may have changed their mind about returning item.    Your case will "automatically close" if they don't return item.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Buyer bought a widget from  me.  Said widget was exactly as described.  Buyer was even kind enough to send my pictures of said widget exactly as pictured.  Me being the nice person I was offered some money back for confused buyer.  Buyer never responded to my offer.  7 days later buyer asked where his money was.  I said you never responded.  Buyer immediately opens up a not as described item, even though buyer sent me pictures of said item being exact as I said.  I immediately respond with I will give you 7 dollars back as we agreed upon.  This was feb 22, the request has been sitting open since feb 22 with no response from the buyer.  1.jpg

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

What kind of refund did the buyer ask for?   I would never offer a partial in a return case unless the buyer had agreed to the amount before officially entering it.   If it's a not as described return,  I would fear they wouldn't accept it and just escalate to ebay to handle. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I offered the refund before the case was opened.  I offered 7 dollars.  A week or so the buyer asked where is 7 dollars was so I took that as a positive and said sure, no problems.  They then opened the case immediately after.  As I said, the buyer proved that they got exactly what they bought through pictures they sent me.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Returns don't work the way you are thinking... you just accept the return and refund. If the buyer does not accept your offer of $7, they may just escalate the return request and they keep the money and the item

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I responded to the return request, it isnt just sitting there.  If they say no I will go onto the next thing.  The originally said yes to the 7 dollars.  This is all through ebay.  I cant do anything now as the response is locked until the buyer responds.  Im already ready for the neg as the buyer is going to send me back something totally different from what I sent.  I may report the buyer for abusing returns as well regardless.  Buyers remorse I would have no issues with but item not as described when I have proof buyer got exactly what they ordered is another.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Nice how the info states what will happen if the buyer accepts the offer, but nothing about what happens if they reject it.  Do you know if there is a time limit for the buyer to respond?  I'd probably email them and explain they need to respond to that ebay email so the refund can be processed. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

No clue.  I will try to do that and see what they say.  The timeline was something I was wondering.  Im not worried about the refund - part of doing business.  Ironically, the person put pictures in the request that match exactly what they ordered.  They proved they are misusing not as described right in the request.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Since the buyer has filed a INAD, you need to accept the return and provide a shipping label before they ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you "don't accept returns", then I think the buyer is basically forced into lying about condition, just so they can open a return request, to take advantage of the Ebay MBG

Message 15 of 16
latest reply