cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an offer on one of my items. Accepted the offer. Now what do I do?

I don't normally use Best Offer.  What is the procedure for handling this?

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, that changes things slightly. I assume you do not have any bids on the auction? I think you can basically just go ahead and let your buyer know that you are revising the BIN to the offered price, and he should click the BIN. (Again, if there's a lag in communication, another buyer could buy it at the lowered BIN, so try to make sure your buyer can BIN it quickly)

I don't think you can revise an auction listing if it has less than 12 hours to go, that's another factor to keep in mind.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just to clarify.  I do not use BO.  This buyer contacted me on their own.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

If you accepted their offer then wait til they pay and ship item. If they don't pay then have ebay start a non-paying bidder/buyer case. Within a certain amount of time if they don't pay, you'll get final fees back and they will get a NPB note on their account.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Just wait for them to pay, if they don't pay within a couple days, remind them again or file a unpaid item dispute.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@creekcoyote wrote:

Does it show as "sold"?

If so, do as suggested by other posters.

If not an official offer it may not be sold. If that is the case, and it does not indicate "sold" the listing just continues as it is.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Just trying to understand. This is a fixed price listing? You do not have "make an Offer" on the listing. Buyer contacted you through ebay messages and offered "x", and you wrote back that you will take "x".

But the listing hasn't ended, right?

One way to handle it: Revise your listing to add "Make An Offer". Tell the buyer to use that to make the offer again, and you will accept it , which will end the listing. The buyer can then pay (Immediate payment is not required, but most buyers pay pretty quickly when you do something like that)
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Another way: Revise your listing to the accepted price, and simply tell the buyer to click Buy It Now. If you have Immediate Payment on the listing, buyer will pay at that point. Depending on the item and circumstances, there is a slight risk that another buyer could click Buy It Now before your buyer has a chance to do it.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Just trying to understand. This is a fixed price listing? You do not have "make an Offer" on the listing. Buyer contacted you through ebay messages and offered "x", and you wrote back that you will take "x".

But the listing hasn't ended, right?

One way to handle it: Revise your listing to add "Make An Offer". Tell the buyer to use that to make the offer again, and you will accept it , which will end the listing. The buyer can then pay (Immediate payment is not required, but most buyers pay pretty quickly when you do something like that)

Actually it is an auction with BIN.  First time I have tried that.   But I am willing to go a bit lower than the BIN and the offer was highly acceptable.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

OK, that changes things slightly. I assume you do not have any bids on the auction? I think you can basically just go ahead and let your buyer know that you are revising the BIN to the offered price, and he should click the BIN. (Again, if there's a lag in communication, another buyer could buy it at the lowered BIN, so try to make sure your buyer can BIN it quickly)

I don't think you can revise an auction listing if it has less than 12 hours to go, that's another factor to keep in mind.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@creekcoyote wrote:

Does it show as "sold"?

If not an official offer it may not be sold. If that is the case, and it does not indicate "sold" the listing just continues as it is.

But won't E-bay's invoice reflect the original BIN price?    If the buyer does make it official can I change the invoice?

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Thank you and Thanks everyone else.

I revised the BIN price and let the potential buyer know.   It is now in their hands.   If someone else gets there first,  not much I can do.  Will just have to wait and see what happens.

But thanks again.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You're welcome.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@creekcoyote wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@creekcoyote wrote:

Does it show as "sold"?

But won't E-bay's invoice reflect the original BIN price?    If the buyer does make it official can I change the invoice?

Read the posts you made after this one, so it sounds like you have it covered.  You adjusted the BIN to what you would find acceptable, so if that potential buyer does not purchase, and someone else does you come out the same.

Just to note for the future, NO, you can not change the "selling price" on the invoice.  Shipping, if there was any with the sale, could be reduced/removed on an invoice, but the actual selling price can not be changed.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Too much action.

As soon as you got a question inferring they are going to offer you or accept an offer from you, Ebay allows you to send buyers an offer via messages. 

On the other hand, I've turned listings into personal listings, say "so and so items for buyer XIO)(*&^". And I add "if you are not the above buyer, don't bid".  Of course, you have to let your offeror or buyer know there's a personalized listing for them. Smiley Wink

latest reply