cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a lot of artwork, can I sell it on ebay?

hiszi-73
Scout

86262314_170350141050708_9115081132340150272_n.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sure as long as it does not fall into one of those prohibited type areas. The problem with art work is what was once considered art is now considered racially or socially unacceptable or may bleed over into the adult category. The other problem with art, especially framed art, is it is often expensive to ship and if it has glass over the print there is always the concern over possible shipping damage. 

You can reduce the risk a little if you want to list the art with local pickup only or as an option. BTW that is an awesome piece you have shown in your posting. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

One problem with artwork is that a full frontal view, like the one you have posted, is too easy for people to copy and reprint. Some show their framed art at a bit of an angle to make it less likely to be snagged and used on T-shirts and the like.  Watermarking is one solution, but eBay has banned watermarks for the past several years (even though I still see it used in categories like yours). Some will run lines through the image, in a manner similar to a photographer's proof.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Digital copies are a whole different ball game and can get seriously gnarly, even if you're the artist. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It doesn't grab me... but I'm a very, very small part of eBay's audience. Good luck.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Do you have the permission of the artist to reproduce it?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I thought that looked familiar..

Carnival Tribe..

They have some lovely artwork. 

My husband is Cherokee and I knew I had seen this or something very similar before when I was searching for a gift for him. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply