cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had no sales Saturday.

Does anyone know what ebay did to cause this?

Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 4.43.16 AM copy.png

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

I had no sales Saturday.

Are you asking about that PM eBay  sent out Friday evening saying ‘@inhawaii SUCKS!’?  🤔

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

I haven't had any sales since last Sunday up to this Saturday. O wait I utilize the auction format and all the auctions end on Sunday, silly me. 

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

@house*of*paws wrote:

Are you asking about that PM eBay  sent out Friday evening saying ‘@inhawaii SUCKS!’?  🤔

I know ebay had something to do with it.  I just know it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

They turned off the servers to allow everyone the chance to watch some College & Pro Football 😎😁✌️🙏

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

@714ricki 

Tagging on...exactly.  It's football time.  Blame it on the Chiefs.  lol.  🤣

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

@house*of*paws wrote:

I saw that same message. Certainly was a deterrent. 

Posting ID
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

Nascar had a Saturday Night Race at Daytona......

Half the midwest is flooded and the other half is still without power....

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

Ikea open a new store in San Francisco....crowded as heck.

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

@inhawaii Obviously you are making fun of sellers that do notice large drop-offs in sales for no apparent reason but it is reasonable to conclude that ebay did make a change to algorithms, search structure, or even just a glitch if you as a long term seller notice a drastic change.   If you have had steady sales on every Saturday for the past 8 years and you had zero yesterday......... then yes- it is perfectly reasonable to assume that ebay changed something and it effected you.     It is just downright uneducated to think that ebay is infallible or that the code and algorithm changes that they make will not effect its sellers..... I dont understand why that is is so hard for some to accept.  Ebay is run by imperfect humans that make imperfect decisions from time to time.  There are literally people there that say-lets make this change or that change and see if that fixes a an issue. It may help or it may make sales worse....... why is this so hard to grasp?

If you were to ask Walmart or heck -Amazon- they could tell you to probably within a few hundred dollars as to what that store or category will sell on any given day based on historical data and predictive  reasoning. its practically a science.   When sales for ebay sellers change out of the ordinary for no apparent reason- there is actually an reason.    

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

eBay made the poor decision to stay open in August.

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

NOBODY WANTS WHAT YOU ARE SELLING!!! No offense though.

Message 12 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

@inhawaii 

Sorry James, watching the golf game not your items.

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

eBay made the poor decision to stay open in August.  

Hey it is August... it's nice out and this is the biggest vacation week of the year!  

I'm down about 20%, no worries fall is right around the corner so I'm concentrating on listing.

I do agree with Siamjane8 though..  They keep changing the secret sauce!  It's like  "less make changes on the live website and see what screws up!"   

I see patterns in my sales.  There are times they're mainly US west coast.  One time I had a bunch all within an hour of my house.  There are weeks where I'm selling a great percentage international too.  I believe they are moving visibility around.  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

I had no sales Saturday.

Just had a buyer send me a screen shot of an ebay error that wouldn't allow them to make payment. I had to relist the item and they were able to purchase the new listing without and trouble, then when I went to cancel the old order there was no option in the drop down menu to cancel the order. I was able to find another way to cancel the old order but something is wrong with the site this weekend. We have averaged $3000 in sales every weekend for the past 5 years and this weekend we are currently sitting at $313 paid.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply