cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to deal with this buyer - when is nonpayment applied

The buyer won an auction.  Sent me many strange emails asking about what they had won, basically, things in the auction.  I answered again.  Then I have automatic non payment set up, so it goes off, and they email me again saying they will pay me on the 20th. The non payment says if they don't pay by the 20th, it's over, etc. 

The auction is for like $7.  I just don't even want to deal with this person.  Is there a way to get out of it?  I tried to cancel the listing and it said I couldn't because it was already in the resolution center for the non payment.  I'm hoping the clock runs out and they just don't pay.  Is it ON the 20th or any given time during the 20th.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

PEZ..

You are forgetting something important.  Ebay is an INTERNATIONAL  Company.  Buyers and  sellers live all   over the world.  They live in DIFFERENT TIME  ZONES.  Your  Auction may  end at 5.pm.  where you live---but winning  bidder may live in Australia---and he may not   see  this  for at least another 13 hours.

Also  some people are not even on their computers more than once or twice  a  week.  Or---they are busy  with other things,  so  they do not  log onto Ebay every day. 

Ebay needs to set up  Auction payments---so that  buyers from  all  over the world  will  be  given a least a  few days---to even NOTICE  that  they have WON an Auction  they may have bid on 4 or 5 days  before. 

It makes no sense for a seller to see  a late payment as a  "sign of disrespect."  And it  does not make sense to  take nonpayments "personally." 

This is a business--not  a social club. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

I think it also depends what you sell. If you're selling high end diamonds then it makes sense to me that buyers should have the money. If it's something like used clothing or kitchen items that may be bought by people with less money then it makes a lot of sense.

Regardless, I don't mind waiting for payment. Money is money. It spends the same whether I get it today or in a week.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply