cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did well when ebay offered GTC for free

It was a few years ago when ebay offered this and it didn't last long and when ebay ended it, my sales stopped. What I like about GTC as a buyer, the item I put in my watchlist stays active, none of this clicking on the listing after it ended then finding the new listing and then click add to watchlist again. As a seller, what I liked about GTC, is I get to keep all my watchers and not lose them every time I have to relist the item. I look forward to seeing if I have the same success as I did last time ebay offered GTC.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I did well when ebay offered GTC for free

Time will tell.  Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

GTC have been available as an option for years. I've been using them for nearly a decade.

Good Til Cancelled is not free, it is just an automatic renewal of a 30 day listing.

Since it is Fixed Price, watchers, in my opinion are irrelevant.

If the watcher were a buyer, he could have bought.

My items tend to be OOAK collectibles, so there may be a difference there. I do have a couple of shipping supplies on my Watch List that I have found offer good deals on what I need repeatedly.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I've been using GTC for years now and really like it.
I don't have to list the product but once.
I like keeping the watchers and my sales history.
My items are expensive, so I know people will put a watch on it and try to figure out if they can afford it. Once they have the money, they purchase. I know there are tire kickers mixed in, but that's ok too.
I don't list a ton of items, just ones that have good sales and always in demand.
It frees up my time from doing new listings over and over.
If sales are down or not a lot of watchers on a certain product, I'll end it, make some changes & relist.
Just did that on one listing a week or so ago and within a few days of relisting, it got a sale.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Time will tell.  Good luck to you!

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

GTC have been available as an option for years. I've been using them for nearly a decade.

Good Til Cancelled is not free, it is just an automatic renewal of a 30 day listing.

Since it is Fixed Price, watchers, in my opinion are irrelevant.

If the watcher were a buyer, he could have bought.

My items tend to be OOAK collectibles, so there may be a difference there. I do have a couple of shipping supplies on my Watch List that I have found offer good deals on what I need repeatedly.

I feel differently about watchers. I think seeing watchers on items I have some interest in encourages me to buy that first even if wasn't at the top of my list, it's just, say, the item I want most doesn't have any watchers vs an item lower on my list that does have watchers, I will perhaps go for the item with watchers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Got a question for an old time GTC member.   When a listing automatically rolls over, is there still a lag time for re-indexing?  I know there is a 24-48 hour index time for relists or sell similar, which drives me nuts.  I do mostly BIN and trying to decide whether to do 10 day auctions again, or just go with the flow of GTC. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Do you think there's an option to go with 10 day listings when eBay says all fixed price listings are now going to be GTC?

Do you think that your current 10 day or 30 day listings will rollover to GTC when eBay starts implementing this new policy (I believe in 3 days)? Or do you think there is still an option to select a listing duration different from GTC?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sunsync wrote:

Do you think there's an option to go with 10 day listings when eBay says all fixed price listings are now going to be GTC?

Do you think that your current 10 day or 30 day listings will rollover to GTC when eBay starts implementing this new policy (I believe in 3 days)? Or do you think there is still an option to select a listing duration different from GTC?

Poster  said 10 day Auction, not fixed price. 2 different animals

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@marilyn6122 wrote:

Got a question for an old time GTC member.   When a listing automatically rolls over, is there still a lag time for re-indexing?  I know there is a 24-48 hour index time for relists or sell similar, which drives me nuts.  I do mostly BIN and trying to decide whether to do 10 day auctions again, or just go with the flow of GTC. 

My relists/sell similar  are up and searchable within minutes.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply