cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I been selling for 12 years at Ebay , i am a top rated seller and Ebay just put a hold in my funds

I just sold a $1000 sports card at Ebay and my funds are on hold . I am a top rated seller and i been selling for years at Ebay. 

I mostly sell comic books and videogames . I started selling sport cards last week , already sold one for $450 and another one for $75 and i had no problems but now they  held my funds just like if a was a new seller.

"Your funds are on hold while we confirm that the buyer does not have an issue with the order after they receive it. Ship the order soon and add tracking details."

Should i ship the card or should i contact the buyer letting him know the situation and cancel the transaction? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I been selling for 12 years at Ebay , i am a top rated seller and Ebay just put a hold in my fun

No reason for them to randomly hold the payment when you are an active seller but I would just ship it and I would not say anything to your buyer. That is just my opinion.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: I been selling for 12 years at Ebay , i am a top rated seller and Ebay just put a hold in my fun

@comicscauldron 

And if you cancel the sale, you'll take a hit on your metrics. What good is that going to do you? Are you going to repost it and try to resell it? The same thing is going to happen.

I think what happened is that this is something that is outside your scope of what your usually sold. eBay just wants to make sure the buyer is going to be satisfied with their purchase before the funds are released to you.

I would go ahead and make the sale. With eBay involved, if the buyer isn't satisfied, you should get your card back and your money back.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

For ungraded or graded sports cards priced $250.00 or higher you ship the card to PSA to have it authenticated. Once authenticated PSA ships it to the buyer with a note guaranteeing the authenticity. 

I believe the funds are held until the card is authenticated.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You just described the process for American sellers. I am from Mexico and Ebay does not give me the authentification option .  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It will be the value of the card:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@comicscauldron wrote:

You just described the process for American sellers. I am from Mexico and Ebay does not give me the authentification option .  

Ohhhhh....then you might want to disregard my advice too until someone with more knowledge steps in on this one. I looked at your sales but I never noticed you were in Mexico.

Mike

Firesteel Surplus

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I just sold a $1000 sports card at Ebay and my funds are on hold ... I started selling sport cards last week ,

New or occasional sellers have restrictions on the number and value of their listings and eBay puts a Hold for 30 days on customer payments which ends when the customer indicates satisfaction.

Cancellations can lead to Defects. Defects can mean (further) restrictions on the number and value of the seller's listings, higher fees, and even the closing of the selling account.

Ship with Signature Confirmation of delivery as soon as possible. Leave feedback on shipment to encourage the buyer to leave his own and to reassure him that his card is on its way.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I would go ahead with the sale, maybe your payment schedule is the reason? There are several possibilities. 
The pretense about the buyer buyer is immaterial and inappropriate as you are TRS, so therefore if you ship the card you should be entitled to your $. If eBay is questionable about the buyer, they should have blocked his purchase, not your collection of funds. Just my interpretation. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

So you are saying eBay has cards delivered, in secret code to PSA? eBay botched a $1500 sale and additionally damaged my card. I was compensated but I don’t believe the true value can now be attained and the compensation isn’t going to make up the difference. I have nowhere to go, to turn, to complain? I can go to a lawyer, and most likely it wouldn’t be worth it. In so doing eBay said they used several grading companies, one being PSA , but I got the impression that they may be former employees of these companies. The incompetent ones to boot. When I collected there were no grading companies. Not only do they hold the funds, if the cards do not meet the authentication standards the card is returned to the seller, and no reasons are given. Like my card returned to me, there was nothing wrong with it before sending, they damaged it and said it did not pass authentication. In proof, they did not send it back with a note apologizing that the card was damaged, it was left for me alone to notice Afterwards, even though I spoke with their representative several times through this process, it’s egregious and unacceptable that they returned without notification of their mishap. By doing this, they don’t uphold whatever standards are held by grading companies. Here is the big question, as they also authenticate graded cards, so imagine they say that a PSA 10 does not pass authentication? Their authentication department accidentally drops your card and creates a dent. They return without notification other than not passing authentication. Who really oversees what eBay does other than eBay. Basically they are accusing you of the damage, which after the fact it can’t be figured out or that whoever sold you the card did something to it? Where does the line of proof fall to be the Truth? Who makes eBay an omniscient judge?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply