cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Monday?

I bought from eBay. 3 things.

I bought from Another company.

All 3 from eBay are still sitting without even an ackowledgement that I bought anything.

the other company has already delivered 1 item, 2 are on track to be delivered on Sunday, and 1 is set for Monday.  All 3 from eBay from the looks of it now will get shipped after I already have everything I bought from the site eBay wants to emulate.

Here's a hint. The world is 24/7 and many, many places can get a purchase in the morning and still get it shipped, or at the least, ship on Saturday. The post office isn't closed. If someone lives in podunc and can't ship, that is their problem and you should warn a buyer. But telling me it has 1 day shipping and then finally getting around to shipping on Monday......

On one they even in their description claim same day shipping if paid before 1400 PDT. I bought at 10 and when asked about it, I didn't even get a response. AWESOME.

not okay.

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 1 of 350
latest reply
349 REPLIES 349

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

Watch what you put in the description!  OP says the seller advertised in the listing specific mailing times.  His tracking will show that didn't happen!  Does that not make it a possoible SNAD case?  Not saying any one should file, it's just a contract question.

If it's in my listing I'm going to make sure I ship it when I said I would.   If I didn't it would actually bother me.

Late is not SNAD unless the seller is in GD.

The seller WILL get an automatic "Tracking uploaded on time" ding on their dashboard if they did not ship within their handling time.

If a seller says "will usually ship same day if ..." in the Description but has a 1 Day handling time on their actual shipping, the item will not be considered late. 

The item would only be considered late if it is not delivered on time for a GD refund.

You missed the point. People sell services of different types on this site. If they don't provide that service it's a snad.  When a seller puts in the description a product along with a special service like Fridays purchases before such or such time will be shipped the same day that now makes it part of the item description thus part of the contract. Now I can honestly say I'm not sure how EBay would rule on such a case but it seems to me that the OP bought the item with this service in mind and did not receive the service. 

Message 121 of 350
latest reply

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

For the record, that is NOT correct.

I checked tracking on an item I dropped of yesterday morning (Saturday), and today (Sunday) the tracking shows it has already left my local PO and arrived at the Regional distribution center. I guarantee you it will leave there some time today, and continue on the way.

Message 122 of 350
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@marinermikes wrote:

Watch what you put in the description!  OP says the seller advertised in the listing specific mailing times.  His tracking will show that didn't happen!  Does that not make it a possoible SNAD case?  Not saying any one should file, it's just a contract question.

If it's in my listing I'm going to make sure I ship it when I said I would.   If I didn't it would actually bother me.

Late is not SNAD unless the seller is in GD.

The seller WILL get an automatic "Tracking uploaded on time" ding on their dashboard if they did not ship within their handling time.

If a seller says "will usually ship same day if ..." in the Description but has a 1 Day handling time on their actual shipping, the item will not be considered late. 

The item would only be considered late if it is not delivered on time for a GD refund.

You missed the point. People sell services of different types on this site. If they don't provide that service it's a snad.  When a seller puts in the description a product along with a special service like Fridays purchases before such or such time will be shipped the same day that now makes it part of the item description thus part of the contract. Now I can honestly say I'm not sure how EBay would rule on such a case but it seems to me that the OP bought the item with this service in mind and did not receive the service. 

Mind you, I am not defending the seller ... just pointing out facts.

Usually ships same day in the Description (but not in the actual shipping)  would not be considered SNAD, if it came down to eBay.

The seller's actual handling time in the listing is what counts.

Jason hasn't said whether the Delivery Estimate or Shipping Tab actually stated same-day or if it was just a blurb in the Description. Did it say WILL ship or USUALLY ships?

Myself, I will sometimes ship same day, but I make no mention of it in the Description. I would rather a buyer be pleasantly surprised than get one who screams "you said same day!!!! Scammer!!! Liar!!!"

Saturdays depend on fishing season 🙂

Underpromise and Overdeliver.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 123 of 350
latest reply

me thinks op has left the premise !!!

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 124 of 350
latest reply

@greg213213 wrote:

I just looked at one of your listings and when I checked the shipping, it says you ship within 3 days of receiving cleared payment. Yet you come here to the boards and complain about other sellers. AND the estimated latest date of getting that item is not until July 9th. If I bought that item today, are you ging to ship it today or will it be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

You have no real reason to complain because you item may not ship until Monday.

I do not understand why everyone is bringing the OP's shipping time into it.

The OP is upfront about his shipping time.  It is 3 days.

Apparantly the seller is claiming same day delivery, but not delivering on that promise.

Message 125 of 350
latest reply

@dubiousgain wrote:

Oh, brudda...  MY life problems should be so big...  What are you buying....Kidney's??

You guys want the money like the big companies make, but you come up with all kinds of excuses on why you cannot deliver the product as fast as they do.

Message 126 of 350
latest reply

On eBay, I initially planned to run three shifts, seven days a week with enough employees to cover sick days, vacations, doctors appointments and I'd even step in to cover lunch hours.

Then after about four seconds, I realized the margins for used stuff just might not cover the cost of coffee for the employees lounge.

If you think the millions of individuals selling on eBay should try to be as big as Jeff Bezo's outfit, you are mistaken.  

With one sale in six months we trust you were able to ship as quickly  as you expect the world to do. Oh and you had to accept lower price too.  (smiling)

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 127 of 350
latest reply

You mean you bought things ON eBay ... not FROM eBay.

Where is this seller located?

And my PO is closed on Saturday ... locked up tight. The one and only time I dropped some things into the big blue box on a Saturday they all got scanned as being delivered that night ... to my own zip code. First and last time I'm doing that again because I had some buyers who didn't know what was going on.

Message 128 of 350
latest reply

You can have it fast, cheap or high quality,, pick two... !
By all means, please go shop on amazon. Amazon is a multi-billion dollar company that has state of the art world class technology & logistics and most products that offer same day shipping are warehoused by amazon themselves. Retrieved and packaged my machines.
Geez.. I can see it now. Someone from ebay management is going to copy this guy's post and then use it as "proof" that buyers expect same day free shipping, and free returns. blah blah
Message 129 of 350
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jason_incognito  I long for the days when businesses were closed most of the weekend, people learned to manage their time and get things done (fill the gas tank, buy groceries, etc.) before places closed.  There was more enjoyable time off to pursue family, friends, hobbies, etc.  The 24/7 mentality has ruined a lot of things, spoiled people in certain areas and made people lazy not getting things done when they should ... all of this is of course MHO ...

I remember when very few places were open on Saturday and hardly anything was open Sunday.

Have a great day
Message 130 of 350
latest reply

original poster was a troll.

Message 131 of 350
latest reply

@lasantino

@lasantino wrote:
You can have it fast, cheap or high quality,, pick two... !
By all means, please go shop on amazon. Amazon is a multi-billion dollar company that has state of the art world class technology & logistics and most products that offer same day shipping are warehoused by amazon themselves. Retrieved and packaged my machines.
Geez.. I can see it now. Someone from ebay management is going to copy this guy's post and then use it as "proof" that buyers expect same day free shipping, and free returns. blah blah

It qualifies as a "survey" ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 132 of 350
latest reply

@luv2findbargains wrote:

original poster was a troll.

OP is not a troll.  He is a semi regular poster here.

Not everyone who has a different opinion is a troll.

Message 133 of 350
latest reply

> Again, until your item arrives you have no idea if the seller shipped Friday or not. Just because the tracking number is not there doesn’t mean they didn’t ship your package.

So true.

I had a substitute carrier (my regular on vacation) pick up a package two weeks ago on a Wednesday. He apparently didn't scan it. It didn't show up as in the system Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I couldn't trace it on the USPS website because it showed a label was printed and USPS was "awaiting" the package. I called USPS twice, and was told the wait time was one hour and 40 minutes. I went to my local PO, and they did jack. I talked to the sub Friday and he had no clue. Finally, late Saturday PM, it showed up. Someone somewhere finally scanned it.

Message 134 of 350
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

> Again, until your item arrives you have no idea if the seller shipped Friday or not. Just because the tracking number is not there doesn’t mean they didn’t ship your package.

So true.

I had a substitute carrier (my regular on vacation) pick up a package two weeks ago on a Wednesday. He apparently didn't scan it. It didn't show up as in the system Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I couldn't trace it on the USPS website because it showed a label was printed and USPS was "awaiting" the package. I called USPS twice, and was told the wait time was one hour and 40 minutes. I went to my local PO, and they did jack. I talked to the sub Friday and he had no clue. Finally, late Saturday PM, it showed up. Someone somewhere finally scanned it.

And a simple heads up to your buyer would have alleviated any trepidation on his part.

Message 135 of 350
latest reply