cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I LOST 680 BUCKS ON A FRAUD CC CHARGEBACK.PAYPAL TOOK THE MONEY

I GOT TO THE TOP BRASS AT U.S.P.S  NTERNAL AFFAIRS INVESTIGATIONS DIVISION IN WASHINGTON DC. ABOUT STOLEN ITEMS AND NO SELLER PROTECTION FROM EBAY OR PAYPAL WHEN THE SELLER HAS PROOF ON CHARGE BACKS BEING  ALLOWED UNDER STRICT POLICIES PROCEDURES AND CONDITIONS.  PAYPAL AND EBAY..LOOK IT UP CAREFULLY.

THEY ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THIS ONE PARTICULAR NY POST OFFICE.. ONE  POST OFFICE. SO HOLD ON PEOPLE..WE MIGHT HAVE A CASE.

I NOW KNOW I CAN HAVE MY ATTORNEY SUBPOENA THE CARRIER WHO HAD THE ITEM IN HIS HAND LAST... AND SAID HE LEFT A NOTE.. DOUBT IT. THE BUYER AND I WATCHED AS THE ITEM SAT..IN TRANSIT FOR OVER A WEEK..THE ITEM NEVER RETURNED BACK TO THE POST OFFICE FOR RE DELIVERY..GOT IT  DID NOT GET SCANNED AND PUT IN A BIN.. AND THEN 14 DAYS I CALLED AND THE NUMBER WENT TO A FAX..THEN I WAS STUCK AS THE BUYER TOO. WATCHED IT SIT..IN TRANSIT FOR ANOTHER WEEK..WAIT A MINUTE.,..ITS..STOLEN. ..IT NEVER MADE IT BACK TO THE POST OFFICE. GOTCHA. I WILL SIMPLY SUE YOU IN QUEENS SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR THE MISSING ITEM. 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: I LOST 680 BUCKS ON A FRAUD CC CHARGEBACK.PAYPAL TOOK THE MONEY

THe whole town and the church and all?  Wow, that's some kind of power@

But...YOU ARE NOT USING A MERCHANT ACCOUNT ON ETSY.  lol

And etsy, amzn, all the rest...make you refund just as fast on an INR chargeback.

WHERE THE GIRLS ARE SO NICE

Eh?  Girls??  Nice smiles?  Yeah, we've heard that somewhere else.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 31 of 64
latest reply

Why didn't you file a "Where's My Package" with USPS?  You don't even have to call to do that-- you just go to the website and fill out a form with the addresses of the sender and receiver, the contents of the package and the value, and any other information that might be important.  It will cause an actual human to look into the location and status of the package in question, and from what I've heard, it's pretty good at locating things.

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

@neomant wrote:

HOWEVER MY NEW YORK FRIENDS SAY I HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO SUE HER IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN QUEENS NY TO RECOVER THE LOSS ETC. I WILL  SUBPOENA THE BUYER TO SHOW IN QUEENS COURT AND ANSWER WHY SHE NEVER WENT TO PICK UP A 680 ITEM. NEVER INSURED THE ITEM ,SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION..HMMM 

I HAVE THE EVIDENCE THAT STANDS BEHIND ME IN THIS CASE AND WILL PRESENT MY FINDINGS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I HOPE SHE DOES NOT WORK DAYS.. I AM DISABLED AND HEARINGS ARE IN THE DAYTIME.

Does she live in Queens?   You have to sue in the country SHE lives in, not the country you live in.  That's a federal law so companies don't sue someone where they cannot get to court and defend themselves.

The item wasn't delievered so why sue her?  You should have bought insurance.  

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

Ok. The all caps, all the time thing coupled with your desire to seek vengeance on a buyer who never got an item that you seem to be claiming was stolen by a postal carrier is making you seem fairly deranged. Why would you want to sue a buyer who, according to you, is a wonderful repeat buyer. 

You say she is "always home" in one rant but when you talk about suing her, you say that you hope she doesn't work days. Dare I ask how you know she's always home? My guess is that you don't, and at least half of this whole thing is made up. Have you missed some meds lately?

Message 34 of 64
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Why didn't you file a "Where's My Package" with USPS?  You don't even have to call to do that-- you just go to the website and fill out a form with the addresses of the sender and receiver, the contents of the package and the value, and any other information that might be important.  It will cause an actual human to look into the location and status of the package in question, and from what I've heard, it's pretty good at locating things.

I would definitely be doing this. I had a Priority Flat Rate Envelope go missing because the receiver moved and left no forwarding address and then the PFRE just went missing so I first called my local PO and all they could tell me was what I could see myself on the tracking number so I filed this form and within days I had a reply plus a callback from my local PO. My package was sitting in some PO facility in Virginia that handles returns that was totally backed up because they handle returns plus tons of passports ... passports were more important than getting the returns back into the system.

With this particular package my worry would be that the person actually picked up the package and the PO forgot to scan it or get the signature.

Message 35 of 64
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

I've used "where's my package" with usps... it keeps on telling me not enough information, even though I have provided the tracking, the address of both shipper and receiver, the content of package, date it was shipped, etc.  They could not find it.   That experience was a big disappointment to say the least.  Talked to a USPS rep from the 1-800 number.  The rep was very unprofession.  He was too busy talking to his fellow co-worker about his paycheck than he was talking to me!  On top of that, he was actually eating while talking!  Never in my life had I experience someone doing that in a big company!

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

Apparently, the buyer decided not to buy insurance or delivery confirmation. That's what the OP said in another thread. At least I believe these are related. Either that or the OP is out quite a bit of money.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/PAYPAL-CHARGE-BACK-LEFT-ME-STARVING/m-p/27165335

I thought sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to buy insurance or delivery confirmation; buyers are protected by eBay so insurance is for the seller to cover their loss and they pay for it or work it into the cost of the item or shipping.  It is for the seller for their protection.

Anyone?

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@takikawa4 wrote:

Apparently, the buyer decided not to buy insurance or delivery confirmation. That's what the OP said in another thread. At least I believe these are related. Either that or the OP is out quite a bit of money.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/PAYPAL-CHARGE-BACK-LEFT-ME-STARVING/m-p/27165335

I thought sellers are not allowed to ask buyers to buy insurance or delivery confirmation; buyers are protected by eBay so insurance is for the seller to cover their loss and they pay for it or work it into the cost of the item or shipping.  It is for the seller for their protection.

Anyone?

They're not. That flew out the window a decade ago if not more. You can certainly add the cost in the item price along with all other fees, but you cannot charge a separate charge.  Buyers have the MBG, they do not need insurance.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 38 of 64
latest reply

@springs_2013 wrote:

I've used "where's my package" with usps... it keeps on telling me not enough information, even though I have provided the tracking, the address of both shipper and receiver, the content of package, date it was shipped, etc.  They could not find it.

My one experience with that service was much the same as yours. I gave them chapter and verse on exactly what the package was, what its tracking number was, what was in it, where it was going, where it came from, you name it, I had the details.

About a week later, it did reappear, though not due to the "where's my package" service. It was more likely coincidence, because not only did they fail to intercept it as requested (they delivered it instead), but also they sent me an email about two weeks later to say that they, um, still hadn't found it... and yet, if they had simply checked their own tracking, they would have seen where it ended up. 

...and finally, just this past week, about a month after the events above, I got another email from them: they're sorry, but they still haven't found it. They're continuing to search diligently for it. Maybe I should just contact my buyer and ask him to give the package back to his carrier, just so they can "find it" at last, feel better about themselves, and move on to looking for the next customer's lost package. They should probably check the tracking.

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

"HOWEVER MY NEW YORK FRIENDS SAY I HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO SUE HER IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT"

She could say she requested redelivery and the package never showed up.

She can also say she doesn't have time or the ability to get to the PO

Next time, get the insurance. 

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

@neomant wrote:

HOWEVER MY NEW YORK FRIENDS SAY I HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO SUE HER IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IN QUEENS NY TO RECOVER THE LOSS ETC.

Just stop already. Your New York friends are clueless and you are sounding ridiculous. At least turn off your CapsLock key and stop shouting at everyone. One minute your convinced that the carrier is ripping you off and youve got this high level investigation going wit hthe top brass at USPS and the next minute youre talking about having your attorney subpeona the buyer for some reason and now youre going to sue the buyer for getting a refund and on and on. One minute youre starving to death and the next minute youre making twice as much on etsy or someplace.

You got some good advice here about insuring risky shipments and tracking and all that - so just learn from your experience and things will go better next time. 

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN? It is considered RUDE and SHOUTING to write in all caps. Not to mention obnoxious.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 42 of 64
latest reply

is this a joke.
neomant wrote:...... ' I WILL SIMPLY SUE YOU IN QUEENS SMALL CLAIMS COURT FOR THE MISSING ITEM. '

I remember small claims in San Diego, expensive, time consuming and no teeth to any judgement handed down by the so called judge overseeing the dispute. Sounds more like you didn't insure the package and now you're peeved.  

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

I recall when Insurance was paid by the buyer. Until ebay discontinued that too. If the buyer did not pickup the package. The case would be against USPS for losing the item. Normally they will do an internal investigation to find the package. I have had success with this and the package was found. 

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

If the product cost over $100 you should factor the cost Nauruan even into your price to protect yourself. Your eBay fees are the cost for having a shop in a giant mall. Your the only one to blame for not insuring an expensive package. I have had a few packages sit for a week or two. You can't get hit with late shipment if you shipped it out in your handling time. Good luck and mabey u will get your watch back. If not the buyer has it and their money back.
Message 45 of 64
latest reply