cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A BAD BUYER

I have had countless times when a buyer wins my auction and i never get paid .  The winner wont respond to any of my messages and the sale just goes unpaid.  Yet when I go to leave feedback it is impossible to leave negative feedback.  So I have to revert to leaving feedback under the positive feedback button.   I will have to click on positive button and say something like this.  " SELLER BEWARE NO PAY NO COMMUNICATION".  Why is it so easy for the buyer to leave negative feedback but very difficult for the seller .  Have the rest of you ran across this same issue.  The only way to leave negative feedback as a seller is to leave it under the positive button?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I CAN NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A BAD BUYER

E-Bay does not allow a Seller to disparage a Buyer under the guise of positive FB.

Use the Report Buyer button next to the transaction to advise e-Bay of the issues.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

E-Bay does not allow a Seller to disparage a Buyer under the guise of positive FB.

Use the Report Buyer button next to the transaction to advise e-Bay of the issues.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

eBay sellers have been unable to leave negative or neutral ratings for buyers since May 20, 2008.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Ebay will remove your negative comments if the buyers report them. Ebay may suspend or even close your account if they find out about them.

Ebay's position is that they strive to be a buyer-friendly platform whereon sellers cannot bully buyers. Thus, sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers.

Because you have so many welchers, I suggest that you note "Please do not bid if you will not buy" in every auction listing. And set your account to automatically block habitual welchers. 

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

In 2008, eBay stopped allowing negative feedback for buyers. 

If you give someone in a store that you shop in a hard time, or return something for no good reason, or otherwise make the seller unhappy, do you have to walk through the store with a BAD BUYER sign pinned to your back?  Do they announce over the loudspeakers that everyone should look at you and note that you are a BAD BUYER? 

The customer may not always be right, but the customer is always the customer and so is always treated as though he were right (even though it can be a teeth-gritting exercise at times).

You're just lucky that most buyers don't understand the Feedback system and so have not reported you to eBay for your "false positives," which would get you into real hot water with eBay.

=

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

You have been on eBay since 2002 and do not know the rules about feedback?

I'm not saying I like feedback system but it is what it is.

It's a lot better now. You know we can now respond to feedback with a lot more characters.

At baseball card  and antique shows I accept cash only. I have many buyers ask me why I have this stupid policy. I ignore them, I am not expending the energy to explain why. My booth my rules. 

Anyway, I do get your frustration but I am afraid its one of those things we have to accept.  

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@top_end_cards 

Go in now and cancel all the listings it will allow. I think you will be able to go back up to 32 days ago. Give the buyers the strike they deserve. 

What to do when they don't pay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=3&pos=1&quer...

Add them to your Blocked Bidder List.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/canceling-bid?id=4140&st=3&pos=1&query=C...

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 42
latest reply

It's incomprehensible to me that someone with nearly 7500 FB doesn't know that eBay sellers have not been allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers in 10-12 years.

And that leaving negative wording on a positive feedback can gain you a defect.

And that the appropriate reaction to a nonpaying buyer is to open an unpaid item case, although I understand that eBay now will do that automatically for you after five days.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Has that "Please do not bid if you will not buy" caveat worked for you? 

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

If you think you are warning other sellers by leaving a message such as " SELLER BEWARE NO PAY NO COMMUNICATION", "STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUYER", do you realize that the buyer's identity is hidden to everyone but you, so what's the point when nobody knows who you are talking about?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 10 of 42
latest reply

i did not know that..  

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Actually I did not know that.. thanks

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

As both a seller and a buyer..

As a seller" I get why you want to do it- but you just can't.

As a buyer; Reading those negs you left for buyers would cause me to NOT buy from you.. 

I have never failed to pay- I pay immediately..

I have only left ONE neg my entire eBay life and it's been prior to 2007, it was well EARNED!

And I still wouldn't buy from a seller that left those comments for their buyers.. You can cost yourself sales to decent buyers with those comments.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

While it is extremely annoying that eBay has a one-way street allowing the buyer to hold you hostage by threatening a negative, it's important to understand that everyone understands this.  So I now ignore ratings to a great extent.    

What you CAN do without penalty is to block bad bidders from bidding on any of your auctions in the future.  I routinely block bidders who don't pay without warning, or who cause me grief in the auction process.

I'm mostly done with eBay these days because they are unfriendly to sellers and make it very difficult to make any money at it.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@wesk_36 wrote:

If you think you are warning other sellers by leaving a message such as " SELLER BEWARE NO PAY NO COMMUNICATION", "STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUYER", do you realize that the buyer's identity is hidden to everyone but you, so what's the point when nobody knows who you are talking about?

As a seller, if you have bidders or an offer made, you can check the FB of the buyer prior to accepting..

So we can indeed see those, if they're there- when we check our perspective buyers FB. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 15 of 42
latest reply