cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send invoice for an item that has been refunded

Hello,
Had a impatient buyer recently unwilling to wait for their shipment. Package was in transit but hadn't arrived. Customer filed claim. We had to refund. Now customer says he received item and wants to pay.

What's the easiest way to handle this since we cannot send contact info?

Thanks 

Jennifer 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to send invoice for an item that has been refunded

You cannot resend an invoice on refunded sale as far as I know. If they have PayPal ask for his PayPal email and send him an invoice that way. If not I don't know of a way he can repay you. If I get buyers like this I put my PayPal email in the refund message so they can send funds when they receive and want to repay. Other option maybe to phone him and discuss payment option, bank transfer ?? I don't think this would be considered as transaction outside of ebay. I suggest ebay needs a system for these situations it use to be easy with PayPal.  What does ebay CS advise to do?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: How to send invoice for an item that has been refunded

As duncanvr suggested sending them and invoice through PayPal is about the easiest if they have PayPal. You could also send them a letter with an invoice since you have their mailing address from the shipment. The could send you a check (if they still have a checking account), or a money order. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply