cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle buyers with names like "Text me i have questions 247 xxx 3689"

Thought we had a great week of selling but then the buyers turn out to be scammers and don't pay and put a name up that shows them as someone who wants me to text them and they put the message and number in their buyer info.  I'm not about to text anyone.  This is not fun.  All the effort that goes into selling and you have lost your time and effort for absolutely nothing.  This just happened to a friend of min, so it's not a new thing.  How come eBay computers can't stop these people from bidding, their name tells you they are up to no good.   I got to rethink this whole eBay thing. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The only time you would ever have to give a refund AND not get the item back is if you don't follow proper protocol.

@inhawaii 

Not quite.    There is always the Payment Dispute (aka chargeback) for SNAD where a return is not required in order for the buyer to be refunded, you know the old "it is the credit card and nothing we can do" ebay mantra.  OR a faulty return in general where the item sent to the seller's local gas station instead of their home, or a cheap trinket return scam that is explained as "part of doing business on the net". 

As far as I know, eBay does not have a publish protocol for either of these issues. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

The only time you would ever have to give a refund AND not get the item back is if you don't follow proper protocol.

@inhawaii 

Not quite.    There is always the Payment Dispute (aka chargeback) for SNAD where a return is not required in order for the buyer to be refunded, you know the old "it is the credit card and nothing we can do" ebay mantra.  OR a faulty return in general where the item sent to the seller's local gas station instead of their home, or a cheap trinket return scam that is explained as "part of doing business on the net". 

As far as I know, eBay does not have a publish protocol for either of these issues. 

True.

I forgot about chargebacks.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 17 of 17
latest reply