cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out how much sales tax a buyer paid?

I'm trying to understand the breakdown of the ebay fee when selling an item. In the transaction details of a sold item, it shows a number for the fee. I understand the ebay fee is usually 12.35% of the sale + $0.30. And the sale price includes all charges paid by the buyer including sales tax. So I basically want to find out how much sales tax the buyer paid to confirm the ebay fee that I paid is correct.

Is there a way to find out this information? The order details and transaction details of a sold item don't show any information about the sales tax the buyer paid or the total amount they paid. I thought I saw a total amount paid by the buyer somewhere before, but I cannot find that information now. Maybe the information is only available for a short period of time after a sale.

I realize I can try to reverse engineer the numbers to estimate the sales tax the buyer paid based on the fee that I paid. But I would like to confirm the fee that I paid is correct based on the sales tax the buyer paid.  Is this possible? I'm just a small time seller and don't have an ebay store so I don't think I have access to other seller tools that might have this information.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@danslai 

That information used to be on the order details page but it is now absent.  I have looked at my sales and the last time the tax was shown on the order details page was Feb. 1st. 

brian@ebay 

The tax on the order details page is missing for the seller but when I went to some items that I have bought, the tax is posted on my order details page.   This information really should be included for the seller since our fees are based on the TOTAL amount of the sale.

Thank you in advance for looking into this for us.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@danslai 

In the Seller Hub  under Payments  in your Recent transactions Click on the Order Number  of the Item

This will bring you to a Page with the Sales Tax Paid by your Buyer.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@geo2061 

Thank you for finding this. Problem solved!

brian@ebay  please disregard my above post,  @geo2061 found the tax in another area.  I will admit that it was easier to find the tax under the order details page but at least we know where to find it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ok, I see the sales tax information in Seller Hub. Actually, I had not activated to use Seller Hub so I was not even aware of this feature.

However, Seller Hub feels too complicated for me to use though and I opted out of it to go back to My eBay Selling. Is the sales tax information for sold items only available in Seller Hub?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I was looking at my past sales, and some items I sold back in January 15 and 19 of this year after I switched to the managed payments program still don't show any sales tax information for them on their transaction or order detail pages. This is when viewing the sales thru My eBay Selling, not Seller Hub.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Was there a solution to the original question because I still cannot see what the buyer paid in taxes in Seller Hub, under the payments tab lists All Transactions (No recent Transactions option available) and no tax information, just the final fee I paid.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, what a pain in the butt to find information on something no one wants to pay!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply