cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an invoice if they havent bought???

I have searched everywhere, no they havent bought anything yet. They want to buy about 12 things.  I have googled it and not one help.  There is no link or send invoice in message.  Everything pertains to after the bought something, I dont care about that, I want to send an invoice BEFORE they buy something. I know how to combine items in SOLD items.  I have searched everywhere, not one thing mentions how to send an invoice for a bunch of items before they buy anything.  There is no SEND INVOICE link no where

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Can not be done on eBay.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, cannot be done.  What would be the purpose of sending an invoice to someone who has not yet made a purchase?  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Tell the buyer to use the 'request total' link in their shopping cart. It's not on the app so the buyer has to use the website to access it.

Once they commit to the purchase it will send an invoice request to you. Buyer should wait for you to send an invoice before they pay.

cart-requesttotal.png

Since you sell mostly the same type of small, lightweight product, you should consider setting up combined shipping rules so this is never an issue @lindseysdiecast.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You can send an invoice only after the buyer commits to buying. They cannot just add items to their watch list or tell you about it through a message. They have to click on "buy it now", win an auction or make an accepted offer. Then, they don't pay right away until they have committed to buying each item. Then, they can click to request a combined invoice from you. No other way that I know of.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You could combine the items into one listing........and send them a link.........  You would have to remove the original listings first.......

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

So the OP's statement that the buyer had not bought anything didn't actually mean that the buyer had not bought anything? 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

well for starters you could give them a rough estimate and let the interested party know that you are willing to work with them.

USA auctions are the easiest to combine and can be done for up to 30 days

buy it now and best offers always seem to complicate things

you need to convey to the interested buyer that you want to make this happen for them

in order to do so the potential buyer cant lose interest and just fade away

its sort of up to the seller to make it happen if thats what they want

it sounds easier said than done

some buyers will respond in a fast 10 minutes and others are like one half hearted response maybe every other 10 hours which goes no where quickly

good luck

@lindseysdiecast 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

They have to use the cart.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply