cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change store URL? (I've read all the other posts)

I've read all the posts on the eBay community forum about this. I've tried all the methods. I just can't figure out how to change my store's URL.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Alright, done that.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@e4green_official wrote:

Ok, trying it now.

@e4green_official    aaa1 Good Luck.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

I remember reading last year that even though you can change your store name, that store URLs can no longer changed. I don't remember the source or if it was accurate info, though.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay- can you guys confirm one way or the other? Thanks!

If store URLs can't be changed then you can add it to the list of problems with stores- like the YEAR-long issue of not being able to add, delete or move store categories! 😡

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I remember reading last year that even though you can change your store name, that store URLs can no longer changed. I don't remember the source or if it was accurate info, though.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay- can you guys confirm one way or the other? Thanks!

If store URLs can't be changed then you can add it to the list of problems with stores- like the YEAR-long issue of not being able to add, delete or move store categories! 😡

@coffeebean832 the store name a seller chooses determines the stores web address (or "URL") with the format https://www.ebay.com/str/storename. The system will take out special characters (apostrophes, spaces, &, !, $, etc.), and make all letters lowercase. While it was possible to change a store URL in the past, that is no longer an option. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

brian@ebay- To clarify- you're saying if a store Bob's TShirts changes its store name to Bob's Auto Parts, that the URL would remain bobstshirts and would not change to bobsautoparts?

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Well thank you for that..

I wish that would be updated in the policy so I don't send anyone else on a wild goose chase..

Could you possibly update this post? To reflect that it's no longer possible..

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/How-do-I-change-my-store-URL/ta-p/27794213 

Thank you! 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work.  After 'chatting' with ebay I decided to call.  They said I would have to wait 30 day after changing my name in order to change the URL.  

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

So how would you go about changing it after the 30 days?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I've spent some time searching how old store interface can be accessed now in 2022 and want to share the method I found. Just use this link - https://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?StoreDisplaySettings and you will be able to edit your store URL and some other things not accessible via modern interface.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Thank you!! That's solved the problem I was having. The URL did not update even though our username and store name changed, Thanks!!

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

this link seems no longer available. By the way, did anyone finally change the Url ?Can Ebay support help to solve the issue ?

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply