cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to become pre approved for Vape/ E-cig sales

Hi everyone,

I own a retail store where we sell vapes and other related items. We are within out states laws and obtained all the proper licensing ect. 

Ebay recently has allowed pre approved sellers to sell products on ebay that were not allowed in the past. My account has been hit a few times with policy issues. Yet ebay has been allowing the same accounts with ebay stores to continue selling without issue. 

Now that ebay is starting to allow sellers like myself to utilize the site again why cant they allow a process to become a pre approved seller for vape products. 

I spoke to an ebay rep recently and they told me that they are not accepting any sellers into the program. 

WHEN WILL THIS BE FAIR TO THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY. ALLOWING BIG COMPANYS TO SELL ON A SPECIFIC CATAGORY WHILE YOU SHUT ALL OTHERS OUT? HOW IS THAT FAIR? 

EBAY please fix this. It should be fair for everyone. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You might to try contact ebay reps on the Ebay for Business Facebook page.......they may be better able to either explain or try to get you into the program.........

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Just a note.  Amazon has gated categories.  They don't allow any new sellers into these.  So Ebay is not alone in this.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You have to be pre-approved. Not sure how you would go about doing this.

The actual policy is below, and it looks like a lot of hoop jumping is involved - age verification upon delivery? Not sure how you would even do this unless sent some sort of signed restricted delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-policy?id=4273

E-Cigarettes

AllowedAllowed
  • E-cigarette external accessories such as holders, cases, and decals

RestrictedAllowed in some situations

Selling e-cigarettes on eBay

Generally, e-cigarettes may not be sold on eBay. However, we do allow certain pre-approved sellers to list e-cigarettes, Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS), and e-liquids on the US eBay website (eBay.com) provided they follow federal, state, local, and other applicable laws and regulations. This policy is applicable to those approved sellers, and buyers who transact with them.

Approved e-cigarette sellers

Pre-approved sellers must comply with the following requirements:

• Listings must be in the following category: Health & Beauty > Electronic Cigarettes
  • Listings must include a link to our tobacco and smoking accessories policy page:
    https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-policy?id=4273
  • Use a shipping service that will verify, upon delivery, that the buyer or recipient is at least 21 years old
  • Include the following disclaimer within the listing description:
    "I will not sell e-cigarettes and related products to persons that are under 21 years old"
  • Include the FDA required health warning statements on the packaging and within the listing description
  • Offer delivery and sales within the US only
  • Comply with all federal, state, and local laws regarding the sale and delivery of these products

E-cigarette buyers

In order to purchase e-cigarettes, ENDS, or e-liquids from pre-approved sellers, buyers must meet the following requirements:

• Be at least 21 years old
  • If the recipient is not the buyer, the buyer must make sure that the recipient is at least 21 years old
  • Make sure that the transaction complies with all applicable laws

Requirements for e-cigarette transactions on eBay

Be sure to meet all the following terms and conditions when buying or selling e-cigarettes, ENDS, or e-liquids on eBay. These terms and conditions may change over time and it is your responsibility to visit these pages to see if and how it may have changed, so that you can remain compliant.

1. Limitation of liability: Both buyer and seller expressly acknowledge and agree that eBay shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits (however arising, including negligence) resulting from or in connection with the sale of property on the eBay site
  2. Representations and warranties:
    • Each seller represents and warrants that:
      • The seller has the right, power, and authority to sell the product
      • The recipient (and buyer if different from the recipient) has proven he or she is 21 years of age or older prior to delivery
      • The transaction will comply with all relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations
    • Each buyer represents and warrants that:
      • The buyer is at least 21 years old
      • The recipient of the e-cigarette is at least 21 years old
      • The transaction will comply with all relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations
  3. Indemnification: The seller is solely responsible for compliance with all laws associated with the sale of e-cigarettes, ENDS, or e-liquids. The seller indemnifies eBay of all responsibility and liability associated with this sale. It is therefore the seller's sole discretion as to whether to complete the transaction based on the seller's ability to ensure that the transaction is in compliance with all laws associated with the sale of e-cigarettes, ENDS, or e-liquids
  4. Age: Product shipped by the seller requires the recipient to be in possession of photo identification confirming they are 21 years of age or older. Buyer, if different from recipient, must also show proof of age
The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If Sweet-Tea's reply still leaves questions - have your company's legal team contact eBay. Info is under the ABOUT link at the bottom of the page. Use the San Jose llocation.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

You have to be pre-approved. Not sure how you would go about doing this.

The actual policy is below, and it looks like a lot of hoop jumping is involved - age verification upon delivery? Not sure how you would even do this unless sent some sort of signed restricted delivery.

Most carriers offer a choice between signature required and adult signature required.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well if they're allowing this "pre approved sellers only" thing, expect a rush of "my listings were pulled & I was suspended, but others are selling them here" threads.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

A couple of weeks ago I bought 3 vape products on eBay from three different sellers. One didn't appear to be a store. Today thee is only 1 listing for a vape device. All the listings I bought from have been removed from the site. There are plenty of other places to buy these products. Amazon doesn't sell them either.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply