cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Best Offer

I found a solution that worked for me to remove Best Offer in my Ad.  After I posted my item for sale, the ad defaulted to include "Best Offer" which I did not want.  There was no option to add this, it just defaulted.  I talked to Ebay and they said I should have the option to add this, but I had no option.  To fix it for an existing ad, this worked for me:  Go to your active listings page and select one ad you want to remove Best Offer from.   Click the "Edit" button which is below your ads and edit mode pops up.  At the top right corner, click on "Change Listing Preferences".   Click on "Enable More Options" and "Save".  Then back in your edit mode, under Pricing, and you'll see more options and you can uncheck "Allow Offers".  These additional options are now going to show for all your ads, until you go back and disable more options. I'm using Chrome by the way. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How to Remove Best Offer

Thanks
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

How to Remove Best Offer

@woodchip12065  I think what you may have inadvertantly done is switched to the Advanced Listing tool and out of the Quick Listing tool.  Since making that change have you tried to create a new listing AND are the additional items available to set on the new item listing form?  Try making a dummy listing and see if that is the case.

Here's why I ask ... eBay in a Weekly Chat stated they are currenlty NOT adding the Best Offer to items created with the Advnaced Listing tool, only the Qucik Listing tool.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

How to Remove Best Offer

Hi mr_lincoln.  When I set up my item, I clicked on My Ebay, Selling, Sell an Item, Create a Listing.  The Advanced Tool option was in the upper right corner, but when I clicked on it, ebay said it didn't recommend I use it, so I didn't activate it.  So proceeding from there, (in Quick Listing Tool I assume?), the Best Offer option became mandatory.  My sister simply wanted to place something for sale and had the same thing happen to her.  If we're in Quick Listing, there should be an option to remove Best Offer, or at least instructions on how to remove it (I had to do trial and error and spent an hour to figure it out, and the ebay rep on the phone couldn't help me).  I just created a dummy listing right now and the option to click or unclick Best Offer is there, and I'm not in Advanced Tool (it says "switch to advanced tool" at the top, and I didn't switch). When I had found the solution to remove Best Offer, it did say that from now on, all my ads will have this option (to add or remove Best Offer), until I disable it, which I haven't and never will.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

How to Remove Best Offer

...aand of course in Feb 2019 this has apparently changed somewhat.  Can't just be placed under "Revise Listing", that would be just too easy.  😕      2019-02-14

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

How to Remove Best Offer

@woodchip12065 wrote:

Hi mr_lincoln.  When I set up my item, I clicked on My Ebay, Selling, Sell an Item, Create a Listing.  The Advanced Tool option was in the upper right corner, but when I clicked on it, ebay said it didn't recommend I use it, so I didn't activate it.  So proceeding from there, (in Quick Listing Tool I assume?), the Best Offer option became mandatory.  My sister simply wanted to place something for sale and had the same thing happen to her.  If we're in Quick Listing, there should be an option to remove Best Offer, or at least instructions on how to remove it (I had to do trial and error and spent an hour to figure it out, and the ebay rep on the phone couldn't help me).  I just created a dummy listing right now and the option to click or unclick Best Offer is there, and I'm not in Advanced Tool (it says "switch to advanced tool" at the top, and I didn't switch). When I had found the solution to remove Best Offer, it did say that from now on, all my ads will have this option (to add or remove Best Offer), until I disable it, which I haven't and never will.  

IGNORE eBay's warning to switch to the Advance Listing Tool, OF COURSE they don't want you to switch, if you do then they loose control of YOUR items.  Store Owners have to use the Advanced tool, its not rocket science.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

How to Remove Best Offer

It doesn't matter if the option to best offer is there or not eBay keeps forcing it to sellers even when you don't want to take any offers

Message 7 of 7
latest reply