cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's your Christmas sales so far? - Boom or Bust? - Tell the truth

I can't believe this is ebay in 2018, never imagined this would happen to this site. So sad. Really so sad. I don't care who's fault it is, whether it's ebay, mine, competitors, China, or whatever. Just sad.

My answer is "Bust", and sad to say that’s the truth

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: How's your Christmas sales so far? - Boom or Bust? - Tell the truth

Sales Dec.GIF

Listing Impressions increased 50.6%

Active listings increased 30.3%

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

Sales Dec.GIF

Listing Impressions increased 50.6%

Active listings increased 30.3%

OT, does that Market percentage mean it increased by over 10% compared to prior 31 days and less than 1% compared to prior 365 days? Why can't they be more specific than say more than 10%? After all they were able to do it for your calculated 236.5%.

And what does "Market" mean? Is it the catergory of your "peers" like they say in the service metrics? It can't be the entire ebay site, because my market numbers are different from yours.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

I sold everything but 9-10 items that are not being relisted and probably a handful of the rest listed. 3 days and 23 hrs and ^mM^ is out of here ... 

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Last week was slightly below reasonable.  This week is pathetic!  4 little sales.  Dec 2017 was great.  Vastly disappointed.    Good luck to all.     🙂

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Can't complain. Even with family illnesses and crises, and hardly anything 'new' listed because of the former, still managing to 'just' keep ahead of the orders/shipping flow.

Shipped around a dozen today and now have 10 more so far to do tomorrow.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

OT, does that Market percentage mean it increased by over 10% compared to prior 31 days and less than 1% compared to prior 365 days? Why can't they be more specific than say more than 10%? After all they were able to do it for your calculated 236.5%.

And what does "Market" mean? Is it the catergory of your "peers" like they say in the service metrics? It can't be the entire ebay site, because my market numbers are different from yours.

In my highest volume categories - which I deliberately didn't show.

It's too late for me to understand your question about Market %  lol.  My brainpower is gone.

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

I thought I was going to get a chance to relax today but no because I had the best sale on eBay to date today. 35 items to one buyer. Its already been a super busy month. I have to raise my ASP.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Sales for the last 3 months have been awesome. But I did make some changes. Once ebay removed my Top Rated Seller and Power Seller status which I had for more than 10 years. I stopped free shipping and stopped shipping the same day. Sales picked up after that. Don't know if was a coincidence or not. I feel some what relaxed about not jumping through ebays silly hoops.

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can My sales go down any more? YES, I have been getting about 6 or 7 sales a month the last 4 months or so ... Last December I had about 36 sales this December 2. Bust

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

BoooooooooooooooooooooooM / Explosive / Sold so many items I had to take PIECES ( DOWN/OFF ) so they wouldn't sell !! I'm done selling for the YEAR 😄 SOLD so much I felt like SANTA CLAUS wrapping all MY GIFTS 🎅🎅🎅 

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

We are keeping busy, we sell through other means and have noticed December and January to typically be slower for the line of products we sell (vintage watches).  However, overall we can't complain as sales have been pretty much consistent with just two of the past 6 months slightly below our monthly targets.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Good stuff! Just keep rockin! Happy Holidays!
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

For those that aren't doing as well - I do hope your sales increase. 

I'm happy this thread came to be - to see how many are actually doing well despite the constant complaints we see here about slow sales. I'm having a great year - although I have periods of 3/4 days with no sales - then I'm busy for another week. 

I made a lot of changes  - did alot of research but in the end it really paid off.

Here's hoping it continues into the New Year.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

Terrible, Downgrading my store to Basic. I will try that a few months and if it does not get better I'm gone. I really think Ebay has had it's peak and now is on the way down.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Well as for eBay it is the same as every other year. I'm hoping at work (USPS rural carrier) so I don't list from mid Nov till after the new year).

I also have 2 B&M spaces and after the back to school slump they are picking up. OK well I'll never become a retail mogal but it's fun, I deal in mainly records, pop art, reclaimed funky furniture and restored furniture. On eBay mainly books, clothing with some pottery and glass.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply