cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's your Christmas sales so far? - Boom or Bust? - Tell the truth

I can't believe this is ebay in 2018, never imagined this would happen to this site. So sad. Really so sad. I don't care who's fault it is, whether it's ebay, mine, competitors, China, or whatever. Just sad.

My answer is "Bust", and sad to say that’s the truth

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: How's your Christmas sales so far? - Boom or Bust? - Tell the truth

Why are all your recent threads title with "tell the truth"?

It sounds so negative.

As if you don't trust us.

I mean this nicely.

I understand venting threads.. and sellers who get jaded and need to be uplifted.

Keep the faith.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

This month my sales are good.

Lower cost items selling than last month,

but Google picked up two of my offerings, and I'm 4th on Google results

(pointing to my eBay listings)

I should add, Google picked up my offerings

based on changes that boardies here recommended to all of us here

.. on how to optimize Google placement.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I wondered the same thing. It sounds as if everyone lies all the time, so they must be cautioned to tell the truth.  But not everyone lies as a matter of course.

Sorry your sales are down, OP, I hope they pick up soon. There is still time!

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

I downgraded from Anchor when the prices changed...then downgraded store again when sales/search tanked. Spent months researching WHY...just upgraded again back to premium a few days ago, sales improved over last couple of months, because I have researched how to adapt. I'm not at "boom" yet, but numbers are up, and I am optimistic for the time being. Still would not dare sign a yearly contract, though. My optimism is based on day-to-day output. Entering January, (slowest month), I don't expect much, but would like it to be at least a slight improvement over the past 2 Januarys
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

I also have essentially dead product (much less demand from release point)...though I have a goal of gravitating to a new product that has much less of an expiration date on demand. I have to sell what I have to get there...and only around 5% of what I have to sell is even listed.
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Boom.  I've been at the post office almost every day this week dropping stuff off.  I mailed out five things yesterday, four things today and I have four more to mail on Sunday (can't do it tomorrow since I'm working).

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Considering I just wasted 15 minutes of my life searching for a t-shirt I know is listed on the site and couldn't find it, I would say the search engine might need some tweaking.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Boom.  I've been at the post office almost every day this week dropping stuff off.  I mailed out five things yesterday, four things today and I have four more to mail on Sunday (can't do it tomorrow since I'm working).

WOW, when you're hot, you're  hot!  Congratulations!

Hope everyone does that well!

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Don't take the this wrong way... but

chuck.jpg

Gotta make up for this past Summer's Bust

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

WOW, when you're hot, you're  hot!  Congratulations!

Thanks!  I spent a lot of time in the past few weeks listing my holiday/seasonal stuff (and my NWT Christmas gift-type things) and it has definitely paid off.  I've still got a few more things I'm hoping to get up this weekend for some last-minute impulse buys but I think Christmas shopping has pretty much hit its peak for the most part.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Christsmas is always a boom here. It helps support our business greatly.  Hope everyone here is seeing some good sales.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

My sales are up over last year by a good bit, so I guess between boom and bust, I'd say Boom. Doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, but for me, it's mostly a matter of : I need to get time to list more. Stuff sells, but it won't sell if I don't have it listed LOL
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
My sales are up over last year by a good bit, so I guess between boom and bust, I'd say Boom. Doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, but for me, it's mostly a matter of : I need to get time to list more. Stuff sells, but it won't sell if I don't have it listed LOL

Honestly, I would say that's probably the biggest challenge there is.  Why can't this stuff just list itself?  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Yes, If all I had to do was source and ship, it would be a LOT easier.

And if I could get it to ship itself, too, well, that would be just about perfect LOL
Message 15 of 37
latest reply