cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many will be attending eBay's Offsite Ads BETA Webinar October 4?

Join eBay Ads on Wednesday, October 4th at 11am PST and learn how to wrap up more sales this holiday season and grow your eBay business with the Offsite Ads, our newest advertising solutions available to sellers like you.

During this webinar we will share:

* Features and benefits of Offsite AdsBETA
* Tips for optimizing your Offsite AdsBETA campaigns and budgets
* A Live Q&A with the eBay Ads team

Webinar attendees will also be given the opportunity to sign up for a free consultation session with one of our eBay Ads Growth Advisors, where they offer you personalized advice to help you maximize sales.

Register today. You’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to join the live webinar on October 4th at 11am PST.
We look forward to seeing you there.

Offsite Ads used to be implemented when using Promoted Listings Standard. This only tells me that eBay has extracted showing seller's listings offsite, and created another Pay-per-Click program. I am not paying for people to click their keyboards or tap their phones. Too bad for eBay. Chasing that quarter while losing dollars.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am attending. I'm not sure what the logistics of the program are, but I believe your assumption is correct...another ppc program. My biggest question is what is happening with my PLS listings; are they no longer being shown off site? It seems the more ad/promotional programs eBay creates the more confused we (the sellers) become. Maybe by design, lol. I don't even know what I'm paying for anymore, there are so many extra fees. It's been a very disheartening past few months. No matter how much we do, it seems there is a throttle on traffic. *sigh*

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@the-hook-and-the-loop is this an invite only webinar or do you have a  link to the event?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I received an email that I had to first register. Then I will receive  a zoom link with a passcode to join in tomorrow. The email also says "Offsite Ads BETA: Maximising sales opportunities for NA sellers". What is an NA Seller?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

This ads program is in closed beta. I would guess most here do not yet qualify for an invitation, but the OP does. This is Pay Per Click, and of no interest to me, with the type of stuff I sell.

As far as I know, this Beta is an ADDITIONAL way to use ebay Ads for offsite advertising. 

If you are using PL Standard, and have not opted out of external ads, you already get the benefit of some external placements, through the pay per sale method of PLS. 

Offsite Ads Beta is basically an expansion of PLA (pay per click).

But it does NOT replace PLS External ads.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

What is an NA Seller?

North America ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

What is an NA Seller?

North America ?

Yeah, that would have been my guess too.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

OK, well I guess I'll just report what I learn from eBay tomorrow.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I think they are giving a credit for your first $100 worth of ads, per month. For now, at least.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

This ads program is in closed beta. I would guess most here do not yet qualify for an invitation, but the OP does. This is Pay Per Click, and of no interest to me, with the type of stuff I sell.

As far as I know, this Beta is an ADDITIONAL way to use ebay Ads for offsite advertising. 

If you are using PL Standard, and have not opted out of external ads, you already get the benefit of some external placements, through the pay per sale method of PLS. 

Offsite Ads Beta is basically an expansion of PLA (pay per click).

But it does NOT replace PLS External ads.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques that's actually my big question about Offsite PL and one I've asked multiple times but have yet to get a clear answer on.

Does it completely replace External PLS? Not exactly because we can see that External PLS still exists/is an option.

But as far as it being an "additional" method, it's important to know it's not like onsite ads where you can use both PL Standard and PL Advanced cost per click on the same items at the same time...if you opt in to the Offsite ads beta, those items will not be eligible for External PLS.

From the FAQ:

How will my offsite ads campaign affect the visibility of my Promoted Listings Standard ads in external placements?

Once you've created an offsite ads campaign, your listings can only appear in Google Ads through that campaign. They won't be eligible to appear in Google Ads via your Promoted Listings Standard campaigns.

Anecdotally I've seen some things that make me believe it has absolutely affected the previous "free" inclusion in Google ads that many sellers used to receive (especially for those not in focus verticals) and may be affecting placements for the External PLS to some degree as well.

It would be nice to get some transparency about all of that, but I don't expect to any time soon.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

If I understand that correctly, that would mean if you have say a thousand listings and put 500 in a PLS campaign, and the other 500 in a external beta campaign, The 500 in the PLS campaign would still be eligible for external placement via PLS. So it depends on how you create the campaigns, but I see your point about the fact that if your item is in a external beta campaign, it will not be shown externally as PLS.

Since I did not get the invitation to the webinar, I can't get any answers to this, but hopefully the OP will be able to address some of the questions.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

My question is this.  How are their webinars?   Are they fun or are they boring?  They need to fix the videos of listings not the pictures.   

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I am attending. I'm not sure what the logistics of the program are, but I believe your assumption is correct...another ppc program. My biggest question is what is happening with my PLS listings; are they no longer being shown off site? It seems the more ad/promotional programs eBay creates the more confused we (the sellers) become. Maybe by design, lol. I don't even know what I'm paying for anymore, there are so many extra fees. It's been a very disheartening past few months. No matter how much we do, it seems there is a throttle on traffic. *sigh*

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Not Applicable!, L.O.L.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

You are so correct. I don't even want to participate anymore. What's funny with Offsite Ads and this webinar and the "academy" is, THERE ARE NO OPTIONS. You just type in how much you are willing to lose everyday for eBay to open up the throttle a bit on your visibility. There are no keyword choices or anything to manipulate.  I used to get 100,000 impressions daily, now eBay gives you 1 or 2 impressions for free with your store subscription and you have to pay for the rest of the impressions through all of their promoted gimmicks. It's nauseating.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

So, I left the webinar 10 minutes in. They made me sick. OFFSITE ADS "Just choose your budget, and we'll do the rest" that is it. So now they have another tool to extract the remaining margin.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply