cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it fair? ebay need tyo do something

how is it fair, that an buyer can leave negative feedback for a seller on their experience with that seller but a seller cant do the same?   you do know there are many bad buyers right?   just be cause they paid doesnt me they cant be wrong?  but not in ebays eyes..   thats pretty much what i was told by ebay... 

they have the right to leave me feedback on their experence with me not just the transaction, ok so why cant i leave them FB on my experiece with them?   this is majorly unfair.   what i recieved negative feedback on wasent even my fault..  they got the item with a few days in exact conditon as stated.. but, she didnt like how i talked to her i guess and thats it, bad FB... which i did not speak to her rudly in any way..   

but why do the buyer get to detemine this?  they get to dictate how the sale goes. and leave the seller powerless.. this **bleep** me off because i was given negative feedback for the first time in 18 years.  and it was uncalled for.. but there nothing ebay will do because, it the buyers right to claim you were rude or not, if they didnt like something you said... but nope not the seller.. were defenseless and it really isnt fair... 

sellers need to unite here, im sure im not the only one who has recieved uncalled for negative FB.. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How is it fair? ebay need tyo do something

"how is it fair, that an buyer can leave negative feedback for a seller on their experience with that seller but a seller cant do the same?  "

-----

It's not fair.

But it also wasn't fair when sellers Could neg buyers...

..for many reasons.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay removed the handling time from listings.  You can state your handling time in your description.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Your reply Does look good and professional.

I don't think this will harm future sales for you.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Handling time is still shown on most listings.

one negative feedback in 18 years is nothing to complain about. I understand that it’s the first time and it stinks but it’s not something to dwell on and make a big deal out of. 

Think about the reason you want to neg your buyer. You obviously want to retaliate. And that is not what feedback is for. And retaliatory feedback is part of the reason eBay no longer allows sellers to leave negative feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If a buyer has a difficult transaction, she can leave her opinion in feedback.

If a seller has a difficult transaction, he can act to end the transaction.

A bidder with poor Feedback Left for Others, or many retractions, can have her bid cancelled.

A buyer who does not pay can get an Unpaid Item Strike, which will make it harder to bid in future.

A buyer who demands a refund, can be told to return the item first, and sometimes pay for the return shipping.

A transaction can also be cancelled for Problem with Address and that includes buyers in destinations the seller does not want to ship to.

But a buyer who pays and gives the correct address, gets normal respect. Or at least her money does.

https://notalwaysright.com/

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What major internet entity allows their associates (sellers) to leave feedback about their customers? None allow it. Feedback is to increase buyer confidence not run off buyers.

By the way, your negative comment in a pos feedback just got you a  nasty policy violation.  Few of those, and you will be banned from selling.  Please read the feedback rules before leaving feedback for your own protection.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

i agree this feedback system should be all drop down with few words,or even just a simple star system like they have but expanded for both buyer and seller,when i get offers i look at the buyers feedback left for others to get a clue as to how to proceed,don't even read the feedback it's so often left before the sold item has even left the sellers house i might pay more attention if i knew the transaction had actually completed.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@misfitcomics wrote:

how is it fair, that an buyer can leave negative feedback for a seller on their experience with that seller but a seller cant do the same?   you do know there are many bad buyers right?   just be cause they paid doesnt me they cant be wrong?  but not in ebays eyes..   thats pretty much what i was told by ebay... 

they have the right to leave me feedback on their experence with me not just the transaction, ok so why cant i leave them FB on my experiece with them?   this is majorly unfair.   what i recieved negative feedback on wasent even my fault..  they got the item with a few days in exact conditon as stated.. but, she didnt like how i talked to her i guess and thats it, bad FB... which i did not speak to her rudly in any way..   

but why do the buyer get to detemine this?  they get to dictate how the sale goes. and leave the seller powerless.. this **bleep** me off because i was given negative feedback for the first time in 18 years.  and it was uncalled for.. but there nothing ebay will do because, it the buyers right to claim you were rude or not, if they didnt like something you said... but nope not the seller.. were defenseless and it really isnt fair... 

sellers need to unite here, im sure im not the only one who has recieved uncalled for negative FB.. 

It's not, this site is heavily weighted towards the buyer. 

Ebay gives sellers no visual reference for bad buying behaviors...in fact to check a buyer out thoroughly, you have to go offsite.

I have no real reason to believe that ebay does or even wants to do the right thing...we already know when left to their own devices that ebay prefers to abandon sellers (unless the evidence is direct, malicious and in messages) and back a buyer no matter the cost.

It is incredibly short sighted to keep buyer metrics secret from the people that actually profit or loose based on that information.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I agree that it would be fair to be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer.  However, it's just too easy for someone to open up a new account for the purpose of buying to distance themselves from previous transactions, particularly those whose intentions are shady at the onset.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply