cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does "LOCAL PICK-UP" work for large items if sellers are suspended for having Local Customers?

So I have a Question?

If Sellers are punished by Ebay for having a brick and mortar location for their business,  and are suspended for selling their own items own their own selling channels.

Then why does EBAY offer a LOCAL PICK-UP option for oversize items?

Why don't they ban people for selling more expensive items that can only be picked up Locally?

Does that mean that Car Sales, Vacation Rentals, Heavy Equipment, Trailers, etc.... are all now illegal to sell according to EBAY's new Customer Contact Restrictions.

And how much of a fine are they able to levy against say an EBAY Seller with  a used car lot.  Or that sells, like construction equipment locally.

A new Wheel Loader can be hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Does that mean that if ebay feels like it they can just reach into anyone's accounts and steal the commission on a $10,000 sale if they want to?   or a $50,000 sale?

Can they just charge users 13% of a 100,000 wheel loader if they suspect that they have their own dealership and are using EBAY to help them sell slow moving inventory?

Can EBAY just reach into anyones business accounts and just withdraw $10,000 dollars for no reason?

hHw about $15,000 of $20,000?

I'm just wonder what the exact dollar amount is,  where it stops being a fair balanced policy, against small sellers, and starts becoming theft against established dealerships or wholesale businesses?

What is the cut off point, where they can just steal your money, with no apparent violation, on your part and not be a crime?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

How does "LOCAL PICK-UP" work for large items if sellers are suspended for having Local Customers?

@mistwomandancing, oh thank goodness. I thought it was just me.Smiley LOL

Belle
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

With this attitude, why even be here at all?

With What attitude?  I'm asking for guidance because the rules say you can't have contact with local customers.  So how do you list items for local pick up then?

It's a simple question.   How do you give people directions,  if they can't call you and you can't give them your address.

EBAY's new policy in their Users Agreement is that they can remove you from the system if you have any type of contact with your own customers, and they can just charge your acount for sales that have never taken place, just based on wether they feel like it or not.

So why do they offer local pick-up on large items if the seller is punished for meeting their customers, and having them come to pick up the items they purchased,  or want to purchase?

How many people are willing to buy something large and used, locally, sight unseen, without coming to kick the tires first

How does that work?

It's a simple question.

All the shills can insult me all they like.  I would just like to know how it works.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

According to eBay's Trinton, should your "local pickup only" listing be flagged for contact information, once eBay sees that it is indeed, a LPO listing, no penalty will be assessed.  You may also add a customer service phone number to your account settings.  Trinton's statement:

pdxcyclebroker wrote:

So I called ebay "support" and asked them what the protocal was for completing a "local pickup only" transaction....  They don't know.

Hey everyone, happy to give some next steps on this. A seller can provide a customer service phone number to their buyers by inputting this information within their account settings. You will need to make sure your account is set up as a Business Account under "Personal Information" in your Account settings. From there you can go to "Manage communication with buyers" and select Edit to the right of "What your buyers can do" about three-fourths of the way down the page. From there, you can input a customer service number on the next screen that buyers will be provided when they try to contact a seller after purchase. This will allow you and the buyer work out a meeting time and location for the item they purchased.

Addtionally, I want to clarify that we review any concerns of an off site sale and would be able to see that this was a local pickup situation, so there is nothing to worry about. Certain words or phrases can trigger our automated email, however no action is taken until a manual review of the details is performed.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sold-item-quot-pickup-only-quot-ebay-flagged-me-for-exchanging/...

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

You seem to post in every single one of the threads I start,  and all you do is insult me and try to make it look like anyone who questions the poicies are complete idiots.

How do you find every single one of my posts,  and then who do you feel the need to comment on every single one of them?   Why do you stock me on these boards?

Cars are not the only items that are sold for local pick-up. 

None of your answers ever pertain to my questions at all.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

you can input a customer service number on the next screen that buyers will be provided when they try to contact a seller after purchase. This will allow you and the buyer work out a meeting time and location for the item they purchased.

But who is going to lay out that kind of money without checking out a large local purchase first?

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@leaf_wholesale wrote:

you can input a customer service number on the next screen that buyers will be provided when they try to contact a seller after purchase. This will allow you and the buyer work out a meeting time and location for the item they purchased.

But who is going to lay out that kind of money without checking out a large local purchase first?

Who?  Millions of buyers every single day lay out "that kind of money" when purchasing items "on line" without seeing the item first.

Leaf, with all due respect, you might be over thinking this.  A buyer who pays with PayPal for a LPO item and doesn't like what he sees at the time of inspection can ask the seller to cancel...additionally, if the buyer is planning on paying cash at the time of pickup, he doesn't have to go through with the purchase...easy peazy!

According to eBay's "Help Pages", a buyer can still request contact information for the seller if they have "completed" a transaction with the seller...so this would apply if the buyer is using PayPal to pay.  I know that there has been some discussion about rather or not this option is still available, but as I mentioned, it is still showing as valid in the eBay help/policy pages.

Request a member's contact information

You can request a member's contact information if you've completed a recent transaction with them. Here's how:

1. Click the Advancedlink at the top of the eBay home page.

2. In the Members section on the left side of the page, click Find contact information.

3. Enter the username of the member and the transaction's item number.

We'll send the contact information, including the member's name and telephone number, to your registered email address. The member will also receive your contact information. You'll both need to respect our User Privacy Notice when using this information.

Read our false or missing contact information policy for more information.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact-member.html

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 21 of 21
latest reply