cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

I can't seem to find categories for it when reporting. What do you choose?

Message 1 of 150
latest reply
149 REPLIES 149

Re: How do you report price gouging on hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes?

NO, THEY ARE NOT TAKING DOWN LISTINGS THAT ARE PRICE GOUGING!  THERE ARE MORE LIKE THIS!  Furthermore, I don’t see a “report item” on my pages!6800B788-1608-4CF7-9841-FA7DDC6BAC86.jpeg

Message 76 of 150
latest reply

ok, but that doesn't answer the question and begs another - why can't users report price gouging?
Message 77 of 150
latest reply

how did you report it?  There is no way to report price gouging. I reported it as something else and hopefully ebay gets the hint. 

Message 78 of 150
latest reply

@freedomnow wrote:

NO, THEY ARE NOT TAKING DOWN LISTINGS THAT ARE PRICE GOUGING!  THERE ARE MORE LIKE THIS!  Furthermore, I don’t see a “report item” on my pages!

I easily found that listing, and the Report Item link appears right where it should be -- at the far right of the "Description" tab, below the Sponsored listings. 

Message 79 of 150
latest reply

Then why are hand sanitizers still selling for over one thousand dollars? 3/18/20 sold prices where one bottle sold for over fifteen hundred dollars!
Message 80 of 150
latest reply

New box of (12) 2oz PURELL HAND SANITATION NOT EXPIRED - KILLS 99.99% OF GERMS
eBay item number:

Currently at 305$ US. for 12 of those travel size bottles. Keep in mind all i searched is "purell hand sanitizer "

This is unreal
Message 81 of 150
latest reply

I saw a pack of 18 rolls with a bonus sanitizer wipe container sell for 200$ US plus 18$ shipping. Packs of toilet paper that normally sell for 18$ go for 135$ US. They (Ebay) claim they are stopping this but these are still active and its not like they are hidden. Search charmin or purell
Message 82 of 150
latest reply

@tgd57 wrote:
Then why are hand sanitizers still selling for over one thousand dollars? 3/18/20 sold prices where one bottle sold for over fifteen hundred dollars!

Do you really think the "buyer" paid that much or is the seller now facing HUGE ebay & PP fees for an unpaid item?

Message 83 of 150
latest reply

They’re selling rubbing alcohol and other things way over priced on eBay.

Message 84 of 150
latest reply

Just saw this article today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

People like these makes me sick! No wonder all the stores are wiped clean of this stuff.

Message 85 of 150
latest reply

Exactly. Thats for Ebay to do. They pay the employes enough. Not up to me, you or anybody.

Message 86 of 150
latest reply

Sorry not sorry, but price gouging is wrong in any situation. Price gougers do that for a living, unless they're stopped. Just doing what's right. Not doing anything is enabling.

Message 87 of 150
latest reply

eBay's "efforts" to stop price gouging are just window dressing.

We all know that eBay makes more profits if the selling price is higher.

From the listings I'm seeing today, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) price gouging on eBay continues with very little obstacles. Some examples:

1. Exergen Thermometer,  sold at Costo for $23.99,  listed for $150. The seller sold at least 20 at this price. Nice profit for the seller, and also for eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermometer-Exergen-Temporal-Scan-Forehead-Artery-TAT-2000C-PRIORITY-SHIPPI...

2. Baby Wipes, sold at Costo for $8.99,  listed for $20 + $40 shipping. The seller sold at least 10 at this price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WIPES-4-NEW-PACKAGES-BABY-WIPES-MADE-IN-USA-TOTAL-400/303512398762?hash=ite...

Message 88 of 150
latest reply

You may think it is window dressing but they, eBay, has to follow state and local laws in any state they collect tax in. So they have to do something about it or they will get sued by a multitude of states that have price gouging laws on the books. Even California, eBay's home state, has this law. Prices cannot go up more than 10%. California could come in and raid eBay's offices as they are physically located there.
Message 89 of 150
latest reply

Also this Beaver Instant Kleen  Item  #383460996081

Message 90 of 150
latest reply