cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people sell low priced items (less than $10)

How do people sell items on eBay for $7.95 free shipping? If I ship an empty envelope it costs $3.50. How do you upload tracking on time?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

There are many places to source items that allow you to sell items for a low price and still make a small profit. You can sell things around your house, garage sales, storage lockers, etc.

In order to upload on time, you will have to adhere to the handling time that you selected upon creating your listing. If you chose two days, make sure you print your shipping label within the two days. If you chose one day handling, make sure you print your shipping label within one day. eBay will automatically upload the tracking information for both the buyer and seller to see. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Shame on you, respond with a bot. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What ?????

You got good advice, take it or leave it, or probably best not to bother asking at all.

What advice were you hoping for?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Some sell items that can be mailed with just a 55 cent stamp. Sellers from China don't pay shipping, their government does, and USPS doesn't charge them anything. Others are willing to accept a 1 or 2 dollar profit to get rid of something they don't want.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@cellguy215 wrote:

Shame on you, respond with a bot. 

That was a real person who took time out of their day to respond to you.

Maybe you'd do better on your own.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

uploading tracking on time is quite easy to do if you use ebay shipping labels

I rarely vever have to upload a tracking number unless its a shipnow from paypal

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

...I don't understand well the word "bot"...the true meaning and the "shadow" or "slang" description...(Google explained differently)...

...but...your comment in rely to "treasurestadium" is very disrespect...please be grateful...!!!

...and to answer your question, not every sellers make hundred or thousand dollars profit by selling on eBay...some would be very happy just to make a couple bucks, an honest earning income could be useful in saving or expenses for an individual or their family needs...

...we, the USA sellers, have to deal with costly shipping...the only one whom specially excluded from that is China sellers as our previous (Obama) government gave them a green light in free shipping through the burden on USPS shoulder...

...you have been selling a while on eBay (as your feedback scores is shown)...I assumed you knew the answer...why bother...and "mind your own business"...

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I Don't Know How They Do It, But It Only Ruins Things For Many Other Sellers, & No Matter What Their Cost Is, It's Still Basically Giving It Away!, ABSURD!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

How do people sell items on eBay for $7.95 free shipping?

They simply create a listing and click "free shipping". 

If I ship an empty envelope it costs $3.50

But if you put a 3 ounce item in that envelope, it would still cost the same $3.50. And $3.50 is not the lowest cost for all first class packages - zones 1-7 are cheaper still. 

How do you upload tracking on time?

By uploading the tracking within your handling time, just like any other package.

The profit on a single item is not high. But if you get buyers who order multiple lightweight items, the shipping cost per item can drop drastically. Five lightweight items at $7.95 is like selling one $40 item.

Plus, you have noidea whether the seller is using tracking or not. It is not required. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have learned over the years to not worry about what someone else is doing.

Focus on your items, your business plan and what you need for profitability.

Otherwise, it is a race to the bottom.  Of which, I am not interested.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I make most of what I sell. My cost is literally pennies. Shipping supplies cost me more then cost of goods. I make them mostly during the slow season. (now) Takes about a month to complete a whole years inventory of about 120 different items, varying quantities.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

In your case you don't have to give away shipping on your lower cost items if there is demand for them.  My question is how on earth can you acquire so many cell phones to sell and how high is the scam rate for you?  Your sales are impressive to say the least.  

How do sellers get tracking uploaded within their chosen handling time?  I've been selling on ebay for ten years.  For the first nine years I dropped off outgoing items to the post office in person before 6 A.M.  That's how.

There is another trick you can use I won't be sharing here that guarantees that your tracking will be scanned on time.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I sell mostly obsolete vintage new auto parts MADE IN THE U.S.A. . Some items are not worth a lot unless you need them. I would rather sell these items priced low so they will get to the person who has the vehicle and will be on their shelf when they need them. Then maybe I have a chance to connect with a collector who remembers the good deal and will contact me in the future for their needs. I am gifted with a lot of storage space, but getting up in years and do not want to through the cheap stuff to the dump. It can never keep another old car on the road if it is in a landfill. So I do it because I feel it is the right thing to do, even if their is no money in it for me, in the short term. Life is a full circle.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply