cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Ebay from relisting my unsold items & changing my listing from NO offers too excepting

Is their an option to choose, that Ebay stops relisting my unsold items. I want to relist the item on my own, if I choose too.

I give free shipping on a lot of my items and can't afford to except offers. I will post my items No offers. The next day I'm getting offers. So I have to go in and change them back again to NO offers. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this from happening.

Thank You

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How do I stop Ebay from relisting my unsold items & changing my listing from NO offers too e

When you set up a listing there are options on that page for these things. They are usually all ready checked and you might need to make sure and uncheck them before listing the item.

If you have already unchecked these and they come back as checked after you listed, there may be a technical problem associated with your account and only a tech can fix that. Call eBay and ask if they will do a check on your site regarding the listings changing after you have set them differently. They should be able to fix the problem.

Of course it could be non of the above and you are simply experiencing some type of 'glitch' in the system. I say this because I have read about this problem from other sellers here. So, you are not alone with these issues. I would call eBay if it continues.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: How do I stop Ebay from relisting my unsold items & changing my listing from NO offers too e

EBAY IS AWFUL
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

IF you had no offers, and now want to accept them, you can go into the listing and revise it.  Find the box for Best Offer and check it.  Then scroll through and click submit.  Go back to the listing to be sure it has changed.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

IF you had no offers, and now want to accept them, you can go into the listing and revise it.  Find the box for Best Offer and check it.  Then scroll through and click submit.  Go back to the listing to be sure it has changed.

Your directions are on how to add "Best Offer" to listings. The original post says:

I give free shipping on a lot of my items and can't afford to except offers. I will post my items No offers. The next day I'm getting offers. So I have to go in and change them back again to NO offers.

The OP's question is:  "Can someone please tell me how I can stop this from happening."

@harley-james

If you switch to the Advanced Listing tool Best Offer will not be turned on by eBay.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

OP - follow fine_find's advice. There have been other instances where sellers have complained about the same issue and have had to call CS. If Ebay is relisting your items - make sure your items aren't set at Good till Canceled. That's happened to me a few times that it's set to good till cancelled and I wait until the 29 day and then end those listings and then I can bulk edit and set the length to 30 days.

If it seems that only certain listings seem to get the Best Offer applied to them - you can go into the listing and have it refuse any offer below your set price. I'm hoping it isn't affecting all your listings as it's alot of work - but other posters have had to resort to that until the glitch is fixed.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harley-james

These settings are automatically applied when you list using the App or on a computer using the Quick listing tool.

There is no way to prevent this using the App. On a computer you can switch from the Quick tool to the Advanced tool as another poster mentioned. The link is on the top right of the listing page.

Any existing listings would need to be ended and relisted to change them from Good 'Til Cancelled to 30 day duration.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I haven't been able to list any Buy It Now items without the Good Til Cancelled feature. There is no place that I can see where you can opt out or change it to 30 days. If anyone knows how to get around it, I'd love to hear about it. I don't want my items re-listed unless I re-list them....don't want to hang on to items indefinitely! I'd like to cancel every one of my Buy It Now listings, but I don't know how that would affect my standing as a seller...does anyone know how that works?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Has bulk relist not worked? If not, the only other option I can see is end everything and then relist with 30 day duration. It won't affect your account - I do it all the time if I'm going to be out of town for a long time, and I used to do it seasonally when I was seasonal seller.

Be sure you're using the advanced listing tool (sell your item or SYI) - that other one is for 5 year olds, I swear.  It has you jumping through all of these hoops for eBay's benefit, not yours. Since, in the long run what benefits you WILL benefit ebay,  don't go along with this stuff if it doesn't work for you, or you just plain don't want to do it.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay used to be so easy to use.  I recently came back and I abhor the new format I do not want my items resisted without my consent.  I want a box where I can check none of the above reasons for taking an auction down.  I do not want the "Make Offer" box on my items.   eBay is not listening they have programers who are pulling the wool over their faces by offering to make more money for them by resisting but what they are doing is driving people like me away from eBay.  If it ain't broke don't fix it but they have to do something or they lose their job so what they do is to make things for worse for us.  My time counts for something.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I recently came back and I abhor the new format I do not want my items resisted without my consent. 

See post #7 above. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply