cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report a username policy violation?

Got a couple nastygrams today from a member who's username includes "yahoocom" at the end of it (IE, "xxxxxxyahoocom").  I looked up to be sure, and that should be at least one violation of the username policy - it implies an email address because all one needs to do is add the "@" and dot at the right places.   It could also be argued it is "a term that is similar to, or might be confused with, a third party's trademark or brand" because of the use of the Yahoo name. 

However the link on that page to report takes me to a multiple choice options page that leaves me no way to report this violation, and the Contact Us page I go in circles with no option giving me a means to talk to anyone or report it.  

So i'm trying to figure out where to go with it.  Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: How do I report a username policy violation?

I posed this question to the OP as to why another member whom you are not in a transaction with would send you a nasty email out of the blue unless he said something to precipitate it.

Never got a response.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@ashtovbosc-0 wrote:

Hi there, im sorry to hear about your issue and if i were you I would call the ebay support to do this just search ebay support number on google and call them and tell them about the issue and they will most likely ban the persson that sent you the images, I hope this helps have a good day 

@ashtovbosc-0 Boy you are really having fun serving Bologna today!!! eBay won't ban the member, not sure how you cooked that up!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:

@ashtovbosc-0 wrote:

Hi there, im sorry to hear about your issue and if i were you I would call the ebay support to do this just search ebay support number on google and call them and tell them about the issue and they will most likely ban the persson that sent you the images, I hope this helps have a good day 

@ashtovbosc-0 Boy you are really having fun serving Bologna today!!! eBay won't ban the member, not sure how you cooked that up!

Lol 😆 

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

penguins_dont_fly;
Off topic ... I find your posting indents strange.

YES however they grabbed your attention.
Which was their intention!

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

penguins_dont_fly;

OH just for your Edification:

If you have questions or concerns about using eBay or want to address a specific eBay issue, you can contact eBay by email (twitter@ebay.com), or social media (@askebay) at any time depending on the nature of your issue. Here are additional emails if your situation requires it. exec.relations@ebay.com (eBay Executive Relations) matthewb@ebay.com ( Matthew J. Bannick, President, eBay International) government_relations@ebay.com (eBay Government Relations Department) billcobb@ebay.com (President, eBay North America)

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Twitter and Facebook are not email.

And none of those executive email addresses are even remotely related to day-to-day customer service issues.

What does the "Government Relations" Director have to do with any eBay seller's issue with a buyer policy violation ... seriously.

Those guys and gals are so far removed from us peons, I really seriously doubt that an email to any of them would even get an autobot response.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

If the user name violates policy, eBay would not allow it in the first place.  So, no reason to report.

However, I believe that sending unsolicited, harrassing e-mails may be against the rules if they appear in eBay messages.  Ditto for PM's via the Lithium boards. Could the sender be a board lurker who doesn't actually post here with that ID?

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@bonecollector.crazytrain wrote:

penguins_dont_fly;

If you have questions or concerns about using eBay or want to address a specific eBay issue, you can contact eBay by email (twitter@ebay.com), or social media (@askebay) at any time depending on the nature of your issue. Here are additional emails if your situation requires it. exec.relations@ebay.com (eBay Executive Relations) matthewb@ebay.com ( Matthew J. Bannick, President, eBay International) government_relations@ebay.com (eBay Government Relations Department) billcobb@ebay.com (President, eBay North America)

Why would the OP contact the President of eBay International to report a username policy violation?

If you're going to advise that why not just tell him to contact the President of the United States too?

I'm pretty sure he's on Twitter.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@kaykeecorp wrote:

@bonecollector.crazytrain wrote:

penguins_dont_fly;

Why would the OP contact the President of eBay International to report a username policy violation?

If you're going to advise that why not just tell him to contact the President of the United States too?

I'm pretty sure he's on Twitter.

And much more likely to respond 😛

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 24 of 24
latest reply