cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my return policy in the template?

When I create a listing it automatically only gives me the option of no returns or 14 days. I want to set it at 30 days for all my new listings without having to go to the bulk editing tool each time I create a listing.  I have tried the Return settings tab I found in the account section but that only let me set automatic aproval of returns and did not let me set how many days they have to return an item.  How do I change the days permanently to 30 for all future listings? I do have a basic store so I think I should have access to all the options somewhere but I can not find them.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I have been trying to figure this out for a while. Mine defaults to 14 days. This is the closest I have come but still haven't figured it out.

To create a return policy:

1. In the Add other details section of the listing form, select Returns Accepted or No returns accepted from the Return policy drop-down menu. If you don't see a drop-down menu, click the Change your return policy link, and then select Returns Accepted or No returns accepted.

2. If you accept returns:

• Select the number of days a buyer has to notify you that they want to return an item

• Specify the type of refund you'll give

• Specify who will pay for return shipping.

• Specify a restocking fee, if any

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@sirving2

I'm not so sure there is someplace to set a default number of days for accepting a return, I can't find anywhere to do it.

So, here's what I did. All my listings were set for 14-day returns and I had a little blurb in the box below where you set that time frame. I put all my listings into the bulk editor, checked them all and then selected "return policy". I changed the time frame to 30-days, saved and closed the editor and confirmed the changes.

Before I did all this, I went to one of my listings and selected "Sell similar" and sure enough it defaulted to 14-days for returns. After I made the bulk edit, I went back and did "sell similar again and this time it defaulted to 30-days. Then I went to create a new listing but doing this still returns the default 14-day for returns.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

The information below has worked for several people (one person did have some trouble getting it to work):

To edit your return policy, follow these steps:

• Click "My eBay" at the top of any eBay page. You may be asked to sign in
  • In the left column, click Sell.
  • Check the box beside the listings you want to edit.
  • Click the "Edit" button. You are now in the bulk editing tool.
  • From the Edit drop-down menu at the top of the page, choose “Return policy.” A pop-up window will appear. You can change:
    • Whether or not you accept returns. Remember, even if you choose not to accept returns, buyers may still request a return if the items don’t match the item description.
    • The return time frame. Choose 14 days, 30 days or 60 days.
    • How the refund will be given. Choose from the following options: money back, replacement or exchange.
    • Who pays for return shipping. Consider offering free shipping to attract more buyers. Alternatively, you can specify when you’d like the buyer to pay for return shipping.
  • When you’re done, click “Submit all” at the bottom of the page. Then click “Confirm and submit” in the pop-up window or cancel to go back. You’ll be able to see if you incurred any new fees on this pop-up as well.
jtzvwbug
Volunteer Responder | USA Community

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

There used to be a place to set 3 day, 14 day and 30 days as a default. At least I think there was.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

The answers given only work in the Advanced Listing Tool. The poster I believe is refering to the Quick Listing Tool. If eBay wants us to move to the 30 returns, then they should put that option in the Quick Listing Tool as well as Advanced.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

This solution I described worked for me today:

I wanted to change my return days to 30 days and change my business day handling time to 1 day.
1) either make a new listing or edit a listing.
2) find near the bottom where it says "Your current listing preferences are" and click "Change"
3) change your "Listing preferences" and click "Save"
4) now click "List it" or "Revise it" depending on what route you took. clicking on "Save and exit" will not actually save your "Listing preferences" because someone didn't program it right. There's probably no Repository and ebay doesn't care who programmed it. This happens all the time. This was so hard to find!

Help other ebay users find this by clicking the thumbs up "Helpful" button.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

It is stuff like this that moved 90% of our listings to Amazon.  You build a return policy once and you are done.  I hope the eBay clowns that are implementing this **bleep** read this but, I doubt they will.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I changed all of my listings when eBay changed its policy for Top Rated Sellers to offer 'seller paid returns' as a requirement.

But....

When I relist them they default to 'buyer' not seller. Each time I relist a group of items I have to change the return policy in bulk listing.

Where can I change the default ??

Thank you
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

When I try to revise a listing there is no Add other details section.

eBay is driving me crazy saying my my return policy doesn't agree with them, but I can't find where to change it. They are so difficult to work with.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Okay, I found how to make a global change. That doesn't mean  retract my statement about them.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@muldoone

How did you do it?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Well, I don't know if it will work in all cases, but eBay sent me an email abut the return policy. I was able to click on that and bring up all the ones they were complaining about, then click the box at the top (to choose all), and Edit, then I guess there was another click for return period. I don't remember exactly--sorry.

I really don't think they know what they are doing, though, because I think some of my others still have the shorter period. Good luck!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@sirving2 wrote:

When I create a listing it automatically only gives me the option of no returns or 14 days. I want to set it at 30 days for all my new listings without having to go to the bulk editing tool each time I create a listing.  I have tried the Return settings tab I found in the account section but that only let me set automatic aproval of returns and did not let me set how many days they have to return an item.  How do I change the days permanently to 30 for all future listings? I do have a basic store so I think I should have access to all the options somewhere but I can not find them.

@sirving2, the way I make changes inside my templates is by doing this:

Click on Sell (pretend you're going to list an item) and then scroll a little way down until you see "Manage Templates" and click on that.  

Once inside there, look for your template and then click EDIT and then look for your return policy and make the change there and then click SAVE.  

If you have lots of different templates you may have to do this for each one. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply