cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Find Actual Selling Price for Sold Items

So when I price an item for sale I tend to look thru the Sold Listings for something similar and use that as a baseline. What I am trying to figure out is how to correctly interpret what is shown. I ask because I just sold something for an Best Offer Price that was higher than the Asking Price, but that is not reflected in the Sold listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-Cats-Lair-Playset-LJN-1986-GOOD-Condition-with-All-Parts/274304...

Some other examples of sold listing results I have run into look like:

$110.00
Buy It Now

$64.59
Was: Previous Price $75.99
Buy It Now

$11.99
Trending at $12.99
Buy It Now

$10.00
Best offer accepted

$450.00 (This one is mine)
1 bid

So is there a way to tell which of these shows the "actual" selling price ?

Mucho Thanks

Jack

ps If you would like URLs for the examples let me know and I'll post them.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

arrange the sold list by one of the price choices...........lowest to highest or opposite.........the item in question should fall in between prices shown.......so you have an idea, if not the exact price, of the item.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@dhbookds   I didn't know it worked that way!?!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Just tried Flipper Tools for item 274304822805, which I sold for an Offer of $500. What is the tool supposed to show, as all I get is a link to the sale page, which says I asked $450 ?
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Sorted things low to high, and I agree it does make it easier to see what the price range is. Although it is not based on an exact price, it is better than unsorted. Thanks for the suggestion.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I am not sure E-Bay meant it to work for the purpose I use it for, so I was just checking to see if someone understood how to interpret the results a Sold listing returned. I think what I'll do is go check my and my wife's Sold items and see if I can use that to figure it out. It is nice that you can see the Sold listings at all, as it is very helpful, no matter what results is returns.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Just had an Ah Ha moment. The Sold listing for the item I sold for $500 shows "incorrectly" that the Winning Bid was $450 but has the Correct Winning Bidder, BUT the Bid History is correct and show a Best Offer of $500. So the information is there, just down an extra level. Okay, making some progress.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I would like to see what the "best offer accepted" was. I use this to get an idea of prices too. Sometimes there are not a lot of the items that I am looking at sold, so know what the "best price accepted" was can help me price my items esp when it comes down to one or two sold.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@trader.jack 

"I ask because I just sold something for an Best Offer Price that was higher than the Asking Price..."

That  would scare me. Way to go and good luck!

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Go to liveauctioneers.com.  You can join for free.  Under drop down  "Find Auctions"

scroll down to "Past auction results"

You can search for almost anything and find what items sold for... includes Ebay items.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@trader.jack wrote:
I am not sure E-Bay meant it to work for the purpose I use it for, so I was just checking to see if someone understood how to interpret the results a Sold listing returned. I think what I'll do is go check my and my wife's Sold items and see if I can use that to figure it out. It is nice that you can see the Sold listings at all, as it is very helpful, no matter what results is returns.

Very true

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Not only will best offers not reveal the true selling price, but items that have BOGO type discounts won't either.

Most of my items are in promotions such as Buy 4+ save 25%.  But if you look at sold items it will not take into account which ones were purchased with a promotional discount.

Terapeak does include the promotional discounts, at least in the web-based version (not sure about the castrated version they have in Seller Hub).  And I don't know how Terapeak shows best offers, I don't do them so I have nothing to compare to.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Actually, if the offer had not been for more than I was asking I would have not accepted it. So it was to his advantage to bid more. And as it turned out, he got a really good deal, even at the slightly higher price.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

did you look the item up on Terapeak? I think that will give you the actual amount.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply