cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do Sellers Feel about Losing 10% discount if you Don't Offer Free Returns?

Honestly,  when will eBay give us a break? I jumped through every hoop only to have my 20% discount cut to 10%. Now I learn Sellers must offer Free Ruturns to get the discount.....Anybody else feel screwed?

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: How Do Sellers Feel about Losing 10% discount if you Don't Offer Free Returns?

I have to admit when they first announced it I was very annoyed.  But a quick calculation made me decide to go ahead and offer the Free Returns. 

I now Offer Free Returns for the majority of my items. My return rate is low ( 1.31%).  I spend about 10% of my Discount  savings on return shipping in a year.  I would have spent about that same amount anyway because most buyers that want to return were claiming the Item Was Not as described in order to have me pay for return shipping anyway.  If I didn't offer the Free Returns, I would not be getting the discount any longer. 

I have not seen an increase in my return rate.   I think it is actually lower than last year.

The two additional benefits beyond the discount I get are: 

1)  I no longer get annoyed because a buyer lies to have me pay for return shipping.

2)  Possibly an uptick in sales as some buyers are now only searching for sellers that offer FREE Returns. (My sales are up 86% over last year.  That is not entirely because of offering FREE Returns but it might have a little to do with it.)  

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: How Do Sellers Feel about Losing 10% discount if you Don't Offer Free Returns?

Posting IDs

There are plenty of posters here and in every forum on earth that seemingly post for thumbs and don't have any actual experience with the topics they discuss.

The feedback and thumbs are essentially useless metrics as to the quality of the advice given.

Message 47 of 47
latest reply