cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmm :D

The weather in Alabama is soo good this week 0% humid and upper 70s/lower 80s I been taking my stuff outside under a shade tree and start taking photos/listing items.

I wonder who else list items outside when its nice? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I also take pictures in natural light when possible. Especially jewelry. And as a bonus I get  Vitamin D from being outside in the sunshine. Glad it's beginning to cool off here in Florida. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I do...even in the winter.  Natural light gives the best results in my opinion. Never been a fan of flash photography.  Enjoy your nice weather.  Just as nice here in KC...for now.   Have a great day.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Once I was out on the back deck photoing clothing on my mannequin.  The yakky neighbours behind us were all sitting out (everyone in two houses is related). They started making remarks about the mannequin, so when I finished up, I took all of her clothes off and turned her around to face them, then collected my items and sent inside.  Never heard another word from them after that.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

Oh how funny!

@animesalesandmore 

Yup always have, we're all about outdoor living here in Nevada! Enjoy Alabama,  been thru it briefly never stopped. Heard you guys have great junking places?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I am right next door in GA been here 26+ years - Not a UGA fan at all  been an Alabama fan since Paul "Bear Bryant"  - like Nick  Saban and GT-  but a Dam Yankee - born an raised in the state that look likes like this  most of my neighbors came from south of the Mason-Dixon - married to a born and raised Lone Star Lady that want to marry Merle Haggard if something happened to me - I'm safe now..

Just finished mowing 10K sq. ft. of lawn - getting ready for 10 billion  leaves to fall over a 3 month period (oak trees like to hang on to their leaves) - just on my yard.  If you keep your  lawn cut there is a good chance that the leaves will blow  on to  the neighbors  property when the north or west wend blows - just a jest.Hand state.jpeg

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@johnrj1226 

I have 5 different species of trees where I live.  Everyone has atleast 4 in their yards.  Older neighborhood . My neighbors trees come over the fence as well.  Can't wait to rake and clean the gutters...ugh!  I think it will be a pretty Fall regardless.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

yep, we have really good inventory finding places. but its too hot in the summer with 110 degrees and 99% humidity (worse then desert heat in my opinion bc u would get wet like a rainstorm hit u before you sweated and it leads you get heat strokes faster then getting stuck in death valley). people around here does yard sales either fall/winter/spring.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

We  have tons of trees don't  know  how many - I can't count that high.

This summer I installed gutter  guards myself.  We have a ranch style home.  Used an 8' ladder. wouldn't  suggest using a 6'  ladder  -stability and you  have  strect left adn right a lot. Got the  guards at  HD $6.98 ea before tax, 15  year manufacturers warranty - used 5 boxes of 10, 3" long each - Total cost $350.  Don't fall for the much cheaper plastic - they  will break up after cold soaking and heat baking.   These were called Hoover Dam metal w/ white coating - think hey come in black.  Installation not so bad but a little trick at the  90 degree points.  You need a ladder a box of self tapping screws, and a good pair of tin snips (metal cutters) - advice buy  new ones) .  It took me several days to do - but I'm a '44 model - knees need some rest from the ups & downs.  So far they seem to be working - keep pine needles out adn  have seen any  debris form all the rain we have - leaves   on the sweet gum trees are fall now here in GA.  The big   test will  come soon for the next 90 days of  the beacoup leaf falling.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Oh, I love staging my photos. I've used the outdoors quite frequently, weather permitting. It's part of what I enjoy about selling online, making used items look even more appealing....

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Luckly I got water oaks and they drop faster then anything. I got 2 acres to mow and tbh I never rack a single leaf I just mow over them so much that they turn into mulch next summer.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I photograph outside year round, nice or not.   Natural light is the best for photos. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@johnrj1226 

As far as the gutters go, I think I'll just bribe the kid across the street with some cash and a case of beer.  He's out of work right now, plus he mows my lawn.  I'm sure he could use both. Always best to barter in my opinion. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Understand that

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Lived in the Houston area 11  years - very seldom in the 100s but the  95/95  days  will  open up you pores in a New York secon - that is temp & humidity..  We  bought K-14 by the gallon (mold/mildew  killer).  Water skied there on New Years in 1985 and had frozen water pipes on Christmas Eve  in 1989.pipes  broke  at about 12:30 PM.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply