cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High percentages for selling

robbie64902010
Explorer

Getting paid seems almost impossible from Ebay.  The percentages they take are astronomical.  When they were using Pay Pal payment and percentages went smooth.  Now I doubt if I'll ever sell on Ebay again.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@robbie64902010 wrote:

Getting paid seems almost impossible from Ebay.  The percentages they take are astronomical.  When they were using Pay Pal payment and percentages went smooth.  Now I doubt if I'll ever sell on Ebay again.

That's fine if you want to leave, no need to announce it, there's lots of options now, but what is 'percentages went smooth'?  Did you mean payments?  Yes, managed payments has been rocky for some, no doubt.

As for 'astronomical' we're paying the same amount we paid before - it may be enlightening for you to go back and review the *real* percentage of what you paid before, not just the FVF, but those easily forgotten paypal fees.  I pay 20% commission on Poshmark.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I hear ya trying to get paid , myself e-bay owes me hundreds and they want me to update my account info well  I have done that several times and nothing. On the phone with the helpless desk and still nothing. Was doing very well up untill that and now starting to explore other options. I was doing everything correct and this is what i or we get iam not a scammer if i say its new its new. I ship out usually the same day packed tight and professional . i worked in an e-commerce retail environment ..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Payouts can be very confusing (EBAY deducts selling fees and shipping costs upfront).   Money deducted for shipping is "held for you" so there are available funds when you print shipping labels.    Many people get confused by this and assume EBAY is keeping your shipping money (but that is not the case).

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay's complicated fees structure doesn't help, either - it's the most complicated I've ever used on many different marketplaces (Bonanza is bad, but I quit 'selling' there because it's a ghost town).

Managed payments is so usual on most other larger marketplaces - it's eBay who has had this weird bouncing back and forth between two sites to process payments.  eBay and Paypal were never fully integrated, each with their own rules, etc.  I was fine with Paypal, but I'm still surprised that so many people don't know how payment processing works, when they've been using debit and credit cards for decades. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

GOODBYE!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@robbie64902010 wrote:

If you think current fees are astronomical, that only means you didn’t know what you were paying before, because total fees under Managed Payments are about the same as you were paying to eBay + PayPal.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hmmm, lets see....

Before MP: Ebay fees 10% or less , 12% books and media , Paypal fees 2.9% plus 30 cents

With MP:  Ebay fees 12.55% pr ;ess. 14.55% books and media plus 30 cents,  Paypal fees zero

yeah...astronomical 🙄

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Hmmm, lets see....

Before MP: Ebay fees 10% or less , 12% books and media , Paypal fees 2.9% plus 30 cents

With MP:  Ebay fees 12.55% pr ;ess. 14.55% books and media plus 30 cents,  Paypal fees zero

yeah...astronomical 🙄

Well, to be clearer - PP fees  were 2.9% + .30 for the entire payment, which included shipping(for a lot of states) and sales tax.

Ebay charges the higher fees on the same amount. If you have more than 6.00 or so in sales tax, then the fees would be higher in MP vs PP. Otherwise they are close to being the same.

Of course, if you had a PP micropayment account, yes, you are getting charged more no matter what.