cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ebay fees and you can't ever shut down your ebay store

I'm reminding everyone that ebay and paypal fees are variable and can creep much higher than you think. My combined ebay/paypal fees for the first 6 months in 2020 averages 46% of my sales. Very high, plus my shipping costs and I'm left with 10 -15% if lucky.

I tried closing my store at the end of June after deleting about 2800 items and paying my fees to ebay and the notice on my screen said I could not close my store until 30 days after my payment cleared. My payment came from paypal. Now they want another month's fees from me. If I pay these fees, I'll have to wait another 30 days again for my payment to clear, and accrue more fees, and it would go on forever.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is a difference between closing your account vs canceling your Store subscription. You seem to be going through the process of closing an account, but I think what you want is to just cancel your store subscription. If so, you'll find instructions here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-stores/close-ebay-store?id=4091 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I

I tried closing my store at the end of June after deleting about 2800 items and paying my fees to ebay and the notice on my screen said I could not close my store until 30 days after my payment cleared.

This is the situation if you opted for the one year subscription. it took me 3 months to cancel a yearly subscription And cost me 40$ extra. 

P.S. I had a basic subscription

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

According to the user agreement, if you cancel or downgrade your annual subscription it takes effect on the first day of the next calendar month.  You would be billed for the early termination fee on your next invoice.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I looks like based on your items sold history most of the items you sell are under $10.00 and most buyers only buy one item at a time. Your fees over at the river will not be any lower and most likely higher than Ebay. 

Also, it looks like while you have a lot of items for sales less than 3% of them sell per month on average. Unfortunately this is a recipe for high fees on ebay. 

While I also sell lower priced high margin items most of my buyers will buy multiple items at a time.  A seller needs to sell a lot of lower priced items to offset the fixed costs like Ebay store subscription and .30 per transaction fee from Paypal or managed payments. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply