cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey ebay, seller hub sucks. So does managed payments. So does the higher fees.

I used to have two bookmarks. Classic seller view for ebay, and paypal activity page.

Now I have to click around the seller hub looking to see what's going on with my account. Payments are in 3-4 different statuses. Each on a different page. Separate pages for items sold, and active items. It's a freaking mess.

Payments received used to be available in my account within minutes. Now it's days. And I seem to recall seeing a promise of lower fees. They are now higher. With a new flat fee of $0.30 IN ADDITION to your already outrageous 10% commission.

To keep track of payments and fees, I used to be able to just go to the paypal activity page. That page is a well organized list of ALL the info I need on that ONE page.  With ebay, I have to go to reports, download a file that is a nightmare of a spreadsheet with over 20 columns. Most of which are redundant and/or unneeded.

If you didn't have a monopoly I'd be gone in a heartbeat. But just like Apple, I presume you have the all the right senators on your payroll, and you get to do whatever you want to us.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

With a new flat fee of $0.30 IN ADDITION to your already outrageous 10% commission.

Went to see what you sell....are you not yet in MP?   Your old fees would have been the 10.2% + Paypal fees (2.9% + trans fee) - it will be more like 12.55% on MP.   Similar overall, but not a fee savings you allude to in your post.

Your decals are really cool.  My son collects G1s and we seem to have a large assortment of them.  I bookmarked you so he can look at your custom decals.  Most of his are still in the box, but there are some he has out on display.  The custom weapons are cool also.  3-D printer?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I realize I sound like Pollyanna......but millions of sellers have learned to use SH.......successfully.....  You can, too...........

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I used to have two bookmarks. Classic seller view for ebay, and paypal activity page.

@jimmyhauser 

Now you only need one... Seller Hub. I opted into MP in August, 2019. I can't tell you the last time I even logged into PayPal.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

My last few transactions:

$21.75, fees $3.19=14.6%

$24.00, fees $3.52=14.6%

$11.00, fees $1.79=16.2%

$124.00 fees $16.68=13.4%

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I have leaned to use it.  That’s not the point.

It’s more work, and less useful.  Which is exactly the point.  eBay does not want useful information to be convenient.  They want us to be uniformed consumers who are dependent on them.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

They charge 12.55% on the whole transaction (item + shipping) +.30 transaction fee and any other fees (PL, etc)

Used to be 10.2% ebay fee + 2.9% paypal fee + .30 transaction fee + any extra add on fees

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

And you have to click to a dozen different pages from the seller hub to get the information that used to be available on two.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Oh, and even better.  Now I am going to have two 1099-k, one from eBay and one from paypal.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

No senator is going to bother with eBay.  Sorry.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@jimmyhauser wrote:

My last few transactions:

$11.00, fees $1.79=16.2%

For an $11 sale, the 30 cent fixed fee adds 2.7%. This is true now when Managed Payments charges that 30 cents fixed fee. It was also true before Managed Payments, when PayPal charged the 30 cent fixed fee. 

Also - was the sale exactly $11, or did the buyer pay sales tax that was collected and remitted by eBay? If you, you need to add that to the total before taking the percentage. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@jimmyhauser wrote:

Now you only need one: the seller hub.

Look like bay has just cut your work in half!

Just messin' with you.

I hated the changes just as much if not MORE  than you.

If i can learn to use them, anybody can. 

Good luck and stay safe. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Agreed, Ebay constantly updates things to make it more tedious and less efficient for sellers.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

making use of bookmarks when using seller hub is smart thinking

as far as payments go,the only thing I need to concern myself with is the awaiting shipment column

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I'm not a fan of the newest managed payment process being imposed on sellers and eBay's newest page changes in general. There was a time 20 years ago that selling was fun and people actually pleasant to deal with. Never had a bad personal check or postal MO and PayPal wasn't forced on us just yet.

I've always been just a small time picker and like finding something I can make a buck on, that someone else is looking for ( the hunt ) with all the fees eBay charges and the higher they are makes that difficult. Result, fewer sales...

I remember when eBay was advertised as the worlds largest garage sale. Then it was sold............

Message 15 of 15
latest reply