There is no box to click next to the bidders name

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Hey eBay ~ SENDING BIDDERS A SECOND CHANCE OFFER IS BROKEN

@bobandrob wrote:

Hey eBay ~ SENDING BIDDERS A SECOND CHANCE OFFER IS BROKEN

There is no box to click next to the bidders name

Nothing is broken the buyer has opted out of receiving second chance offers. 

If the buyer has turned of the second chance offers in their communication preferences you won’t be able to send it. 

Making a Second chance offer  

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I don't think that

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

The entire list of all bidders not having the box next to their name available to check.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

001a-secondchance.png

no box to click to offer to 2nd chance. I would have offered to 2 buyers but not able to offer to any

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Some buyers don't want to receive these offers.  They have an ability to turn it off in their Site Preferences.

When I ran auctions and this would happen, I sent them an email and asked them if they were interested in the item that I had another one I could sell them or the highest bidder backed out, whichever was appropriate.  Most of the time they responded happy to hear from me and bought the item from me.  You would need to tell them to change their Site Preferences so you could send them the offer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I've ran into the same problem. No boxes to check on an entire list of possible second chance bidders. I understand that some users don't want to get second chance offers, but their name(s) simply don't show up on the list when they opt out(it even states this under the list). Those who want second chance offers(who wouldn't, honestly?) show up on the list with a box to check next to their username. There are no boxes to check.

This is more like some kind of a script error that eBay needs to fix. But hey, this is eBay, where you're suddenly enrolled into International Shipping when you had your settings explicitly set to NOT ship Internationally so who knows what they're doing now...

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@longshot85 wrote:

I've ran into the same problem. No boxes to check on an entire list of possible second chance bidders. I understand that some users don't want to get second chance offers, but their name(s) simply don't show up on the list when they opt out(it even states this under the list). Those who want second chance offers(who wouldn't, honestly?) show up on the list with a box to check next to their username. There are no boxes to check.

This is more like some kind of a script error that eBay needs to fix. But hey, this is eBay, where you're suddenly enrolled into International Shipping when you had your settings explicitly set to NOT ship Internationally so who knows what they're doing now...

That is exactly how it is designed to work.  The buyer has said they don't want SCOs.  They have the right to say that and have their accounts set to not have the offers sent.  You as the seller have no right to see the buyer appear on the SCO list if the buyer doesn't want it there.  Your rights as a seller do not supercede the buyer's rights.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I  noticed this also.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Yeah, you're still not getting it. There is NO way 10 random buyers on eBay are ALL going to refuse second chance offers. I have auctions on regularly and have never seen ONE bidder on the list having no box to check, let alone ALL of them.

This is a glitch.

And you using this as a "get on my soapbox" moment is not helping...🙄

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Because you don't agree with me is no reason to try and insult me.  We are suppose to all be adults here.  Civil conversations should absolutely be possible.

It is unlikely it is a bug in the program.  But if you feel strongly about it, report it.  If you don't want to report it, then it isn't that important.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I would post this to the Tech Issues board. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

You implied I wanted to infringe on buyer's rights. Which is just ridiculous. All I want to do is give them a second chance at an item they were obviously interested in because they bid on it. Why treat me like a criminal?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it...

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Had another buyer cancel. This one had 8 bidders that have no boxes to check when I (GASP) try to send a second chance offer.

If you go to the second chance offer screen, the users who don't want SCOs do not have a "Send Second Chance Offer" link. But if you click on the bidders who DO want SCOs, there is no box next to their names.

ebaySCOglitch.jpgebaySCOglitch2.jpg

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@longshot85 wrote:

You implied I wanted to infringe on buyer's rights. Which is just ridiculous. All I want to do is give them a second chance at an item they were obviously interested in because they bid on it. Why treat me like a criminal?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it...

That is one of the dangers of conversing with someone you do not know in a format like this, the written word.  Trying to read between the lines with someone you are very familiar with can lead to misunderstandings quickly.  Now it is always possible I could have chosen my words better.

If they don't want to receive an SCO the simple fact is you will not see their names on the list.  There would be no reason to put them on the list.

Your closing statement is also unnecessary and unwelcomed, not to mention untrue.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply