cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey eBay. Change the requirement on getting items into the PO within a day.

carlsthings
Trailblazer

I am a small seller  Usually only an item or 2 and do primarily USPS shipping.  Due to the stay-at-home order that I am and am dependant on USPS picking up at my home my few items.  I leave therm out for PU but if I do not get mail I do not get a PU.  I don't always get mail everyday.   So here I it with now 3 items that are days late getting to the PO and it will show from 2 to 4 days late.  

Maybe its time to adjust this requirement for late shipping.  Maybe just use the shipped date as it shows the seller is actually trying.

Yes I know about the request a pick up possibility and I guess I will have to.  Despite the fact your quickest pu is next day and I try to get items out same day and on their way.

Comment if you agree so the trolls will see this

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sellers can change handling time so you have the ability to change that in your listings...

Just set handling time for 3 days, a week or whatever works for your situation.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers can change handling time so you have the ability to change that in your listings...

Just set handling time for 3 days, a week or whatever works for your situation.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay does not have a requirement for next-day shipping.

When you set up your listing, you can choose whatever handling time works for you. If you use the "Quick" version of the listing form then IIRC the maximum is 3 business days. So if you need a longer handling time, you should switch to the Advanced version (AKA the business tool).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Right now, due to the virus, EBAY is not penalizing sellers if the item is sent late. They ask that you let your buyer know. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Some one purchased an item from me yesterday (Sunday) I printed the label and changed the date on the label to today  (Monday,  4/6). Don't you know on the sold page it says the item was shipped yesterday (Sunday 4/5)!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are completely correct.  If you are a Top Rated Plus Seller and the Post Office misses their pickup during the epidemic, it is a mess.  However, I find that eBay isn't penalizing me if the packages hit the Post office in time to be scanned the day after I am supposed to have shipped.  when the Post Office misses a shipment, I drive to the Post Office (or a post box if the Post Office is too far) and put my packages in in time for a pickup the next day.  I wear gloves or use a throw away paper towel when opening the post box to insert my small packages.

If your items are larger, the Post office will give you one of their mail handling boxes to drop and exchange with them.  then you need a mask and gloves.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply