cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - Bought a pair of Authenticity Guarantee shoes, sold them on eBay, got rejected as Fake

Hi all,

I recently purchased a pair of Jordan 1 on eBay via their authenticity guarantee program. It passed authentication and got to my house on April 13th. I did not do another legit check at the moment since I trusted sneakercon/eBay, but I realized that the shoes have some smoke smell to them so I never wear them. Later on I decided to sell them on eBay, but the shoes got rejected as fake? I tried multiple times via live chat but was not able to get any answers. When I sold the shoes back, I have the eBay verification tag STILL ATTACHED to the shoe so I am really frustrated by the fact that they never even try to do me right.

I spend $820 on a pair of fake shoes and then paid $20 shipping fee which has gone wasted, plus all the time and hassle I wasted. Since the initial purchase was through authentication guarantee, I cannot even request a return nor was I protected by money back guanratee.

What should I do at this point? Is it so hard for Sneakercon to admit they messed up and make me get my money back? Thank you for the advice.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Help needed - Bought a pair of Authenticity Guarantee shoes, sold them on eBay, got rejected as Fake

Dispute the purchase through your credit card issuer or PayPal. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

^^^^^^^This.  Was about to type the same -you will need to file a chargeback on this.  Dont see any other way.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I used eBay Mastercard for this purchase so basically I trapped myself. Tried contacting a representative from Sneakercon and he was... super aggressive and rude, hope I can get this sorted out, fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Post a message on e-Bay facebook.  Ask someone to reach out to you

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@tysellingshoes wrote:

I used eBay Mastercard for this purchase so basically I trapped myself. Tried contacting a representative from Sneakercon and he was... super aggressive and rude, hope I can get this sorted out, fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply!

I believe eBay MC is financed via Synchrony bank- it may have eBay's name but the bank is Synchrony so they are not beholden to eBay.

File the chargeback 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I used eBay Mastercard for this purchase so basically I trapped myself.

How?

You are a Mastercard customer. That your MC is also an eBay loyalty card should not be relevant.

Call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask about a chargeback.

If they refuse you, then it's time to cut up the card.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for all the reply! I just reached out to the seller himself asking if he can understand the issue and refund me while I ship the shoes back on my own cost. If he rejected I will file for chargeback, thanks all!

After this I will really really, really debate whether to ever purchase shoes using this service. 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Synchrony Bank issues Ebay Mastercard. Synchrony has nothing to do with Ebay and they do not compare notes about Ebay transactions. There will be no favoritism involved. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Confidence & trust has been undermined 

In the instant case, you really should be provided findings of fact in support of their conclusion

You may wish to possibly secure legal advice related to this matter.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

The authenticity guarantee program is the same as any other organization that Authenticates and or Grades items of value.  You can have the same organization reevaluate the same item at a different time and come up with a different answer.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

This buyer does not any legal advice, assuming that the facts are as he stated. He simply needs to file a credit card dispute and adhere to the time windows allowed by the issuing bank. 

In fact, because he did not receive what was ordered - a GENUINE product - he could legally keep it AND receive a refund, as per federal law. But if I were him, I would return the item because I believe that the seller acted in good faith. 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Who says it's not genuine?  Maybe they are and the failed authentication is in error. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Bought the pair from eBay via authentication guarantee, which the verification passed, I got shipped the shoes.

Later, I decided to sell them via authentication guarantee, which eBay said the verification failed. After this, I paid out of my own pocket to try numerous legit check sources and all of them said the pair is fake.

So basically, the guy who did the first legit check messed up big time and now I am trapped in the loophole. 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

The whole Shoebiz seems Sketchy to me 🙃 Buyer Beware 🤑

Message 15 of 26
latest reply