cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me decipher what this buyer wants

Here I am again with another one of these guys... I don't know if the buyer is being lazy or what. Apparently MV listings just creates more and more problems confusing buyers I guess. Ordering seems pretty simple to me... choose color, choose size, quantity, click add. But then again I might be biased because I've been selling for so long. Here we go.

Buyer buys 2 types of shirts (4 of each type) totaling to almost $200... yes I know, they are expensive (but nice) shirts. One type is Black, size 2XL. The other type is Blue, Size L. They leave me a buyer message that states "I want them in different colors, but not black color size XL adult thanks"

What the heck does that mean? Yes I offer about 10 different colors of the shirts, can't you add them each individually and correctly to avoid confusion? I'm getting quite more and more buyers telling me they want a different color/size when they purchased one nowhere similar to what they wanted. Are more and more buyers getting confused with MV listings, or are they being lazy? And what's up with the last half of their sentence... they don't want black, but half their order is black. Or do they not want Black XL? Or is it they want everything in XL Adult? Everything I have is already Adult sizes in the listings. They never told me to give different sizes, so why did they comment on XL when they didn't even order XL?

Am I that burnt out this late at night that I can't figure this out? I'm this close to just cancelling the purchase and telling them to re-order correctly (knowing that he may never come back and maybe even neg me). Sounds like he wants random colors though. Feel free to call me crazy here from overthinking... it's late, I can take it.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Okay so the buyer finally replied. They are clear this time, but not specific as to what color shirts they want.

He wants all shirts in size XL (despite him buying none of them in XL) and he wants no Black shirts (despite half his order being black shirts). He says he wants all different colors, but did not specify anything else.

What do you guys think, should I go ahead and honor the randomness? I understand the risk of SNAD later... who thinks it's worth the risk? The buyer has a rating of 200+ and from what I see has never left a negative.

Message 16 of 45
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
No - it's making it the seller's fault for not being clear on the order required rather than the buyer's. Customer service 101

Well aware of Customer Service 101~spent my life in Customer Service, Top Record breaking sales, Recognized for Legendary Customer Service, handles executive correspondence.  Have thanked people for their patience when they had none.  Still, I believe just asking for the buyer's help is fine in this case, as in the case of confirmation of the order, without the debasement or unprofessionalism of claiming to be "fuzzy".  

We can agree to disgree.  To each his own.

We can agree to disagree.  To each his own.  

Message 17 of 45
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

OP isn't the one who is fuzzy here!

I think that would give the buyer grounds to claim this was your fault, your mistake.

Your order is important to us and I want to be sure that your order is filled properly.  Your order shows as follows:

and then list it.

Please reply to this message and state what your order is~what colors, sizes, and quantity you want.  Thank you again for your purchase.  

Sincerely,

Your Seller 

I think @myjunqueyourtreasure is suggesting to use an excuse like that to persuade the buyer to help and not feel like I'm accusing them of like being dumb to avoid any awkwardness.

Kind of like when I get texts by someone who clearly knows me but I have no idea who it is and I just see a phone number. I lie to them and say "sorry I just got a new phone and lost all my contacts... who are you again?" Knowing all well that I probably just never bothered to enter their number in my phone when we initially exchanged numbers.

But I also see your point too in trying to not admit to any fault or what the buyer might see as an error on my part... they might get upset at my "incompetency".

I absolutely understand; I just disagree.  Hopefully in that case, you would get cooperation and help and not just disgust that the seller doesn't know what he is doing~due to being "fuzzy".  But again, to each his own.

Everyone is, of course, free to express themselves however they want, and no offense was intended to @myjunqueyourtreasure.  We just differ in approaches.

However you choose to go about this, I wish you luck!

Message 18 of 45
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Okay so the buyer finally replied. They are clear this time, but not specific as to what color shirts they want.

He wants all shirts in size XL (despite him buying none of them in XL) and he wants no Black shirts (despite half his order being black shirts). He says he wants all different colors, but did not specify anything else.

What do you guys think, should I go ahead and honor the randomness? I understand the risk of SNAD later... who thinks it's worth the risk? The buyer has a rating of 200+ and from what I see has never left a negative.

I read this and thought of that Clint Eastwood line, Well do you feel lucky?  Do you?  You have back up in messages but that won't be taken into account anymore.  Do you think there is room for a SNAD?  Your call.  The potential is there, but you could also just send 4 XL shirts in different colors.  But what if he doesn't like the colors?  There's the rub.  But I have read that guys are very unlikely to require a return or have a problem.  But I don't know.  It's still a very vague order.  If he ordered 4 and you have 4 colors, excluding black, then it is a moot point.  You are covered.

Message 19 of 45
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I lie to them and say "sorry I just got a new phone and lost all my contacts... who are you again?" 

Lieing is inappropriate.

Truthfulness is the better policy.

Message 20 of 45
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I lie to them and say "sorry I just got a new phone and lost all my contacts... who are you again?" 

Lieing is inappropriate.

Truthfulness is the better policy.

Ed, basically right, but I see this as more like this:

Co worker gets a hideous new hair do that does nothing for her and actually detracts from her appearance.  She asks, what do you think? 

You say:

OMG that makes you look like the Bride of Frankenstein.

Or

I think it's nice to try new styles.  I'm thinking of changing mine as well so it's nice to see yours.

Trying to save someone's feelings isn't a bad thing.

Message 21 of 45
latest reply

HAHAHA.

Or like someone tries to set up their friend with someone else. "Hey want to go out with my friend? He's really nice."

Which is code for they are butt-ugly Smiley Very Happy. I've been told I'm "nice" a time or two as well.

Message 22 of 45
latest reply

he or she wants free shirts 

Message 23 of 45
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

HAHAHA.

Or like someone tries to set up their friend with someone else. "Hey want to go out with my friend? He's really nice."

Which is code for they are butt-ugly Smiley Very Happy. I've been told I'm "nice" a time or two as well.

Ahhh, that's also known as he/she has a GREAT personality!  

And remember, your wife doesn't think you're ugly.Smiley Happy

Don't let it get you down!  Sometimes nice just means...nice!  And remember, your wife doesn't think you are ugly!Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 45
latest reply

Wait! What happened to the shirt order? I wanna know....
Message 25 of 45
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

OP isn't the one who is fuzzy here!

I think that would give the buyer grounds to claim this was your fault, your mistake.

Your order is important to us and I want to be sure that your order is filled properly.  Your order shows as follows:

and then list it.

Please reply to this message and state what your order is~what colors, sizes, and quantity you want.  Thank you again for your purchase.  

Sincerely,

Your Seller 

I think @myjunqueyourtreasure is suggesting to use an excuse like that to persuade the buyer to help and not feel like I'm accusing them of like being dumb to avoid any awkwardness.

Kind of like when I get texts by someone who clearly knows me but I have no idea who it is and I just see a phone number. I lie to them and say "sorry I just got a new phone and lost all my contacts... who are you again?" Knowing all well that I probably just never bothered to enter their number in my phone when we initially exchanged numbers.

LOL  , something like that happened to a friend of mine once. She got a call  on her cell and her and the caller talked for about  15 minutes  just about simple random every day stuff ,, then they realized  they didn't even know each other !  🙂   Tulips

Message 26 of 45
latest reply

@dbmm-media wrote:

he or she wants free shirts 

I really hope not!

Message 27 of 45
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
Wait! What happened to the shirt order? I wanna know....

Me, too!

Message 28 of 45
latest reply

So I went and took a look at one of your listings to see if it was easy to order.

362264478379  Yamaha Racing Hoodie Sweat Shirt...

Honestly, the dropdown is overwhelming.   Some say sleeved.  Others do not.  So what am I getting if I don't order a sleeved one?

So I went to look at another shirt listing:  The Punisher American Flag Distressed   362387106805

Again, I totally didn't get the dropdown and what I'd be ordering.  Yes, I eventually figured it out when the pictures came up when I clicked on it, but I wouldn't know what to click on right off the bat.  I now know that "sleeved" means there is also a design on the sleeve.

4 variations of the shirt pattern (size & locations of design) coupled with 8 different colors in each variation.  Wow.   That's a lot to take in/decipher.    Maybe your buyer just gave up and decided a message would be easier (even though it wasn't for you lol)   Just a little food for thought.

dropdown MV tshirt.GIF

Message 29 of 45
latest reply

crystalball.jpeg

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 30 of 45
latest reply