cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Return

Morning All. This is an easy one I'm sure, but after being here for 20 years or so, I've never had an item not received. I know, lucky me. Problem is it was delivered and the buyer is aware but somehow wants his money back. Tracking shows, and buyer admits, the item was delivered on 1/26 at 2:23pm. He says he didn't receive. But admits the PO says delivered. I sent him a message explaining  checking with neighbors and his postal person. I also resent the tracking. I tried to upload the same tracking and it said I couldn't because the number showed delivered. Sorry for the long read. I guess my question is, I haven't heard anything from anyone since. What do I do next? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Help With Return

You don't have to do anything unless the buyer opens a claim with eBay or their CC company. If it is an INR all you have to do is upload the tracking information when responding to the claim showing it was delivered. You may want to tell the buyer to check with their PO. USPS is having some issues these days and the package may have gotten delivered to the wrong house, I get other peoples mail quite often. Depending on the area the buyer lives in the PO may have an image of when the package was delivered. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

Nothing. He can't return something he never received. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

One issue is that you need to upload tracking right after you ship if you're not purchasing your labels from eBay. Don't wait for an issue to arise.

Buying the label online will automatically upload the tracking number. 

I could also entertain that the buyer could be playing you since you did not upload the tracking from the beginning and trying to get a freebie. 

Let them open a case if they wish. The case should ask for the tracking number. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

I do buy ebay shipping. I'm just curious how it plays out. Ebay hasn't contacted me other than the message about the refund. I replied to buyer and tried to confirm the tracking but because it shows delivered it won't let me. Not a problem since it shows delivered. I'm just wanting to make sure I get it right. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

@umccars wrote:

What do I do next? 

Nothing but BBL.

If tracking shows delivery or attempted delivery and you have uploaded the tracking into the INR case you just wait until it closes in your favor.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

@umccars wrote:

I replied to buyer and tried to confirm the tracking but because it shows delivered it won't let me. 

I'm not sure what you mean about "confirming" the tracking, or what it is that eBay is not letting you do at this point, but if you bought the label through eBay, and tracking shows that it was delivered to the City and ZIP of the Ship To: address you received with the payment, then your job is done. If the buyer does file an Item Not Received claim, you should upload the tracking number where indicated as a reply to the claim, but beyond that, there is nothing further for you to do.

(Keep an eye on your messages, because if a claim is filed you do need to respond to that, but if it's showing as Delivered, you do not owe a refund.)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

This is what it shows on the return page.  Feb 5Feb 5
You updated tracking details
Feb 5Feb 5
Your message "Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your package. The tracking shows delivered on Jan 26th at 2:23pm. There's not a lot I can do from here. I see you talked to the PO. Is it possible it was left next door or another neighbors house? Where did the PO leave the package. I'm sorry this happened to you. I will follow Ebay's instructions. Andy"
See less
Feb 4Feb 4
Buyer didn't receive the item

"Never received! Happy to wait but USPS says it was delivered a week ago. "

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

It's all backwards but that's where I'm at. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

Your reply looks fine. Nothing more for you to do.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

This is what it shows on the return page...... 

Hi umccars.  I don't get why you would be seeing a return page unless maybe the buyer clicked on "Return this item" from the drop down menu even though he doesn't have anything to return?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Help With Return

He is trying to get a refund based on item not received even though it shows delivered. I'm not really worried about the return, tracking shows delivered. I'm just concerned I'll miss something. We all know how it goes with Ebay.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply