cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,is this your item still available for sale? Please text me back as soon as you can, +7+3+1+5+7

Hello,is this your item still available for sale? Please text me back as soon as you can, +7+3+1+5+7+7+9+3+9+7 I'm Bob

I have been getting these all day long and cannot keep up.  I do not respond.  I have other things to do besides responding to these annoying messages.  Guess who will be getting punished.  I have no way to make it stop and I get the dreaded warning from eBay.  If I want to talk about it with eBay, I can give them a call and stay on hold. 

This is not right.  It would be helpful if eBay would put a link right in the message format so we can report.  It seems so simple for those that are not trying circumvent eBay policies.

If its legal we will buy it, sell it or trade it.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Hello,is this your item still available for sale? Please text me back as soon as you can, +7+3+1

Are these coming in through your ebay messages?  Copy & paste the message into your regular email and send it to spoof@ebay.com.  They'll look into it.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Hello,is this your item still available for sale? Please text me back as soon as you can, +7+3+1

Yes, it comes through eBay messages and it is not a spoof-it is a question about one of my many products. 

Ebay sent the warning I was doing sales outside of eBay.  I am not and have called before about this happening. 

It needs to be addressed so that I do not have to continually call and defend myself.  I have no control to stop it. 

It quiets down a awhile and starts all over again.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Simply respond that all communications and transactions are to be kept through eBay and that you will not text them.

That way you have a leg to stand on when you do get the warning.  For all they know you texted them... and don't end the listings in question right away.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Unfortunately, 'bots don't take calls or return messages and CS doesn't seem to be very good at translating "bot".

@Anonymous

Can you help this person or forward to someone who CAN?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@wesellitalldicker-dealhere wrote: 
Yes, it comes through eBay messages and it is not a spoof-it is a question about one of my many products. 

Well, sort of. It's a scammer, trying to get an off-eBay contact path (i.e. your phone/text number) in order to send you a bogus PayPal payment notification and fool you into shipping before actually getting paid. Even their opening question ("Is your item still available for sale?") makes no sense, since of course they can see right there that it's still available for sale.

What's probably happening is that a script bot is simply walking through your list of items, or a list of tempting items from multiple sellers, and sending the same generic script to all of them. I don't think a human is necessarily sending out the initial messages that you're seeing, but probably there's someone out there waiting to correspond with any seller who falls for their opening.

When they're dealing in quantity like that, you realistically can't report every message (although I agree that sending a pro forma reply is a good idea, stating that you do not communicate outside of eBay), but are you getting multiple warnings from eBay as well? If the scam messages are coming to you through eBay, they (eBay) should be able to track and recognize the pattern.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I am in the process of pasting the following in each message:  All communications and transactions are to be kept through eBay and I will not text.

Thank You for letting me vent.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Is this a previous customer? If not, add their ebay userID to your blocked bidders list, that should keep them from messaging you again. Unless they've bought from you before. Then you might have to ask customer service if there's a way they can permanently block them on their end.

Is it possible it's a competitor trying to harm your store or get you suspended? Ebay sends the warning to you and to the buyer, so it will affect their account as well. Is it the same userID that keeps doing it, or different ones with the same message?

You can also report them for violating ebay's policy of trying to complete the sale outside of ebay here: https://spd.ebay.com/RBASellerHub. If the link works. I did a search for harassment in the ebay help page, and it brought up the "report a buyer" button at the bottom of the page.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,is this your item still available for sale? Please text me back as soon as you can, +7+3+1+5+7+7+9+3+9+7 I'm Bob

I have been getting these all day long and cannot keep up.  I do not respond.  I have other things to do besides responding to these annoying messages.  Guess who will be getting punished.  I have no way to make it stop and I get the dreaded warning from eBay.  If I want to talk about it with eBay, I can give them a call and stay on hold. 

This is not right.  It would be helpful if eBay would put a link right in the message format so we can report.  It seems so simple for those that are not trying circumvent eBay policies.

Hi @wesellitalldicker-dealhere while an educational email on our policy against sharing contact information prior to purchase is sent to both parties, you have nothing to worry about if you are not attempting to sell an item off of eBay. The warning email does not have any negative impact on you or your account if you have not violated our policy, it only serves to clarify our stance on sharing contact information and keeping transactions on eBay.

Additionally, there is no need for you to report this to us, as we proactively scan for these kinds of violations and take appropriate action. This is how the educational email is generated, as a potential violation from one party or the other has been identified. You won't need to contact eBay to discuss this matter as we review the messages between both parties when we investigate. I know that receiving repeated messages can be frustrating and appreciate your patience while we work on reviewing the details for appropriate action.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, Trinton.

Sometimes a response from a 'source' is more reassuring.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @wesellitalldicker-dealhere while an educational email on our policy against sharing contact information prior to purchase is sent to both parties, you have nothing to worry about if you are not attempting to sell an item off of eBay. The warning email does not have any negative impact on you or your account if you have not violated our policy, it only serves to clarify our stance on sharing contact information and keeping transactions on eBay.

Additionally, there is no need for you to report this to us, as we proactively scan for these kinds of violations and take appropriate action. This is how the educational email is generated, as a potential violation from one party or the other has been identified. You won't need to contact eBay to discuss this matter as we review the messages between both parties when we investigate. I know that receiving repeated messages can be frustrating and appreciate your patience while we work on reviewing the details for appropriate action.

Thanks for weighing in on this. It’s very annoying. This has happened to me here and on other sites as well. I won’t mention names even though these other sites are in no way in ebays leaugue but they just automatically shut down the scammers accounts no matter how many they make. Perhaps eBay could do something like that. It’s pretty obvious when it’s a scammer account and they do use bots to send these messages. I usually get them from “Rose”. 😂😂😂 Not our Rose here.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Oh and Roses Daddy will pay me. Lol! The unfortunate thing is some noobs fall for it. I know they are breaking the rules but honestly I don’t think some of them know any better, they just see $ signs.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I have received two messages from a man named Leo. He said he is very interested in my items and wants me to text him in his personal number so we can talk about payment and shipment. He’s profile says he’s in Asia, but the area code of the phone number is in New York. I replied back saying I do not give out my personal phone number. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply