cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems printing a shipping label, comes out blank, anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Having problems printing a shipping label, comes out blank, anyone else having this problem?

Does everything else print correctly?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 125
latest reply

Everything else prints with no problem,   printed a few more invoices for this sale and no problem.

Message 3 of 125
latest reply

Yes, it started yesterday, all you can do is take a screen shot of the label and print it from your screen shot when that happens, might be caused by an IE update that happened yesterday.

But who knows for sure, just don't keep buying new labels to keep trying to print those blanks or you will go broke.

Message 4 of 125
latest reply

Yup, that's a symptom of what I posted about earlier today. Haven't tried it with Chrome.

Message 5 of 125
latest reply

Pitney Bowes is terrible, have been for years, when you print a label it prints it tiny unless you open the larger mode link, this is terrible from the get go, inept programming just keeps getting worse and eBay is to blame too for not pushing these idiots to produce a decent interface that works with all browsers.

Message 6 of 125
latest reply

@cal_w62 wrote:

Pitney Bowes is terrible, have been for years, when you print a label it prints it tiny unless you open the larger mode link, this is terrible from the get go, inept programming just keeps getting worse and eBay is to blame too for not pushing these idiots to produce a decent interface that works with all browsers.

"Inept" would mean they were "ept" at one point.

In fairness, though, adding extra code for IE support is fast becoming the programming equivalent of "You boys let your little sister tag along, or so help me!"

Message 7 of 125
latest reply

LOL, if you don't keep up with IE then you lose a large percentage of users, so they have to keep up with IE, Microsoft is to blame also because they are trying to push users into that terrible EDGE browser which I will not use.

Message 8 of 125
latest reply

Mine says this **bleep**

Something went wrong. We're sorry.

**bleep** ebay.

This may be it for me. Its been one thing after another with ebay for almost 5 years now.

Fees too high. Scammers Scammers on ebay now. And all the outtages!!

Time to fire ebay!

Message 9 of 125
latest reply

Look, we know eBay and Pitney Bowes are inept, they blame it on the user and browsers due to their own incompetence, they are not investing money in their own platforms and have second class coders on both ends.

The work around for sellers is to take a screen shot of the shipping label image, then print from that if the label prints blank like it is, do not keep purchasing new labels, that works for me if the label does not print, just shoot an image of it and print from screen shot, don't let these inept companies ruin your business and life or time on the phone complaining.

Message 10 of 125
latest reply

@jewel-t  I have that problem, just started this AM ... I get "Page 1 of 1" printed at the top and then the rest of the page is blank.  I did a screen shot of the label page and printed from that just so I can ship.

I also tried getting out of eBay, then back in and using the Shipping Label link on Sold page ... but same issue.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 125
latest reply

Oh, you don't like Edge? I've always had a thing for built-in viruses disguised as time-saving dingbatware.
Message 12 of 125
latest reply

The entire problem with this is sellers, millions of them will purchase labels over and over to try to ship an order, then they will mix up the screen shots and ship the wrong stuff to the wrong buyer.

eBay just can't figure out how their ineptitude causes massive problems for sellers and the company itself, eBay is fast moving toward becoming the next Yahoo.

Message 13 of 125
latest reply

It's due to a problem with IE11 that was introduced with a Patch Tuesday update. If you reprint the label with any other non-IE browser, it will print successfully. No need to void the label, just go to Shipping Labels on My Ebay and select Reprint Label.

Message 14 of 125
latest reply

@cal_w62

@cal_w62 wrote:

The entire problem with this is sellers, millions of them will purchase labels over and over to try to ship an order, then they will mix up the screen shots and ship the wrong stuff to the wrong buyer.

eBay just can't figure out how their ineptitude causes massive problems for sellers and the company itself, eBay is fast moving toward becoming the next Yahoo.

Fortunately I only had one item to ship ... hope it gets corrected soon before the weekend, things are busier then.  I'll test the Reprint label function later today and if not corrected maybe loop some of the eBay Team in on the thread ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 125
latest reply