cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have payment and haven't shipped, got a "eBay listings removed - unauthorized user" message

I sold an item BIN last night for $140 shipped.

Was literally about to pack it up right now but 30 minutes ago I got the generic "listing removed" message from eBay: "We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, xxxxxxxxx, because they were made without the account owner's permission."

I've gotten this message before but only weeks after I've shipped an item. This is the first time eBay caught it before I actually shipped the item.

They offer non-helpful solutions in the canned e-mail:

"We also recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging in to your payment account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests refunds or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment."

I have the item and the payment, but they tell me not to ship and not to refund. So obviously I call eBay and ask what to do. Should I refund? Should I ship? What do I do? The representative suggests I wait, holding the item and the payment until an Item Not Recieved case is opened. Like... what? I have to eat an Item Not Recieved because some joker probably used a stolen credit card to purchase my item? I was assured this wouldn't affect my standing as a seller, but it doesn't seem right to me. I don't trust it. Seems like the lady just wanted to rush me off the phone. If eBay wants me to hold/relist the item, why don't they  just take the payment back? I don't want it if I'm not shipping and I don't want to be on the hook for it weeks later when the case is inevitably opened.

Anyone else go through this before?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0