cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person?

I've been on Ebay since April 2007 with a 100% feedback, that is untill today when a customer out of retaliation decided to leave me a negative feedback because I wouldn't accept a return. I wouldn't accept the return because the measurements of the item were clearly listed in the description and also it says in the returns section that I do not accept returns. My feedback score is now 98.4%. Can 1 person really have that much say in your feedback, especially when I have had years of positive feedback!?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@his_mine_isnowyours wrote:

I don't see what is silly about this question. If one person left all 5 stars, it wouldn't affect the feedback score that drastically. I thought maybe it would be a 99.9% after all its 1 out of 153.

Feedback % is based on the last 12 months, not everything, so it's 1 out of 61 = 98.4

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

It's only basic math.

And basic knowledge of eBay , no returns =negatives and filing not as described
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Well, hopefully that 100% is ruined by only one buyer, it would be a totally bad day to get three at once from three different buyer's.

Did the buyers open a return request or was this done through messages? @his_mine_isnowyours

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

I'd count some lucky stars they didn't file a SNAD, keep the item, get a refund, and leave a negative.

@savanna.dance wrote:

Well, hopefully that 100% is ruined by only one buyer, it would be a totally bad day to get three at once from three different buyer's.

Yeah or three negatives over three separate purchases made in the same transaction by the same buyer.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

It was a return request. The thing about it is, I am also a buyer on Ebay and if I purchase an item from a seller who does not accept returns, I don't push it. If I'm disappointed with it or for some reason it doesn't work for me, I know I can always resale it. The majority of the items I sell are used. Everyone knows that a thrift store does not accept returns. So why should 2nd hand rules on Ebay be any different then a brick and mortar store? I had plenty of clear photos and descriptive measurements.
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

It was a return request. The thing about it is, I am also a buyer on Ebay and if I purchase an item from a seller who does not accept returns, I don't push it. If I'm disappointed with it or for some reason it doesn't work for me, I know I can always resale it. The majority of the items I sell are used. Everyone knows that a thrift store does not accept returns. So why should 2nd hand rules on Ebay be any different then a brick and mortar store? I had plenty of clear photos and descriptive measurements.

When you sell on ebay you are bound to abide by ebay's rules. Ebay doesn't care what the rules are in your brick and mortar because that is your venue, but when you sell on ebay you are selling on ebay's venue.  That is the difference many a seller fails to understand, they come here thinking their own business rules apply. They do not unless they just so happen to correlate, when selling on ebay only ebay's rules apply.

Also the buyer did not return the item, hence the buyer did accept your "no returns" policy.

They may have left a negative but they didn't try to push it because they could have went the Money Back Guarantee route.

Granted they probably didn't know that, or maybe they just didn't feel like fooling with it.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

It's because in thrift stores buyer can phiscally handle the item , inspect and test it 100%. You can't test a photo, nor inspect it 100%..

All items are required to be 100% per the listing , new or used. If not buyers can and will return per buyer protection.

Most buyer don't resell, nor want an not as de ribed item. It should be returned.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

Kind of a silly question...100% feedback will always be ruined by one person.

At least until you get to over 10,000 feedback.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Hello @his_mine_isnowyours for the item in question, you had one picture. That picture did not show the belt with a ruler. Are you measuring the belts or are you listing by the markings on the belt?

If the latter, you will have more issues, IMO. Belts are notoriously problematic, particularly women's belts.

I can hold up three belts marked M and all three are a different length. I've also noticed mismarked belts end up at yardsales, estate sales, outlets, markdown racks, liquidation, etc.

Without a clear picture showing the belt measures what you have in the listing as the length, the buyer could easily win a SNAD with eBay.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Re: Has anyone else had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person?

OP, 

Practically everyone who has received a negative has had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person. 

Unlucky

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@pantlandia wrote:

At least until you get to over 10,000 feedback in 12 months.

🙂 fixed it 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

Oh yes, I had more then one picture. I am confused as to why only one is showing up. I not only list what the belt is marked, I also take measurements of the belt as listed in my description "The measurements are approx. and are as follows....1" wide and 35" long measuring to last hole." I keep my descriptions short, because I know people are notorious for not reading things all the way through. I literally had 6 sentences to read. Measurements are given in the 2nd sentence. I'm guessing the buyer had a short attention span.
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Yes, 4 times.
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Yes, I understand all of that which is why I took the time to measure. How hard is it to read even to the 2nd sentence where I clearly list the measurement. Grab a measuring tape, measure around yourself to see if it will work or not? It's not that hard. The item was as described.
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

I don't see what is silly about this question. If one person left all 5 stars, it wouldn't affect the feedback score that drastically. I thought maybe it would be a 99.9% after all its 1 out of 153.

@pantlandia wrote:

At least until you get to over 10,000 feedback.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply