cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person?

I've been on Ebay since April 2007 with a 100% feedback, that is untill today when a customer out of retaliation decided to leave me a negative feedback because I wouldn't accept a return. I wouldn't accept the return because the measurements of the item were clearly listed in the description and also it says in the returns section that I do not accept returns. My feedback score is now 98.4%. Can 1 person really have that much say in your feedback, especially when I have had years of positive feedback!?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Has anyone else had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person?

@his_mine_isnowyours wrote:

I don't see what is silly about this question. If one person left all 5 stars, it wouldn't affect the feedback score that drastically. I thought maybe it would be a 99.9% after all its 1 out of 153.

Feedback % is based on the last 12 months, not everything, so it's 1 out of 61 = 98.4

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

Re: Has anyone else had their 100% positive feedback rating ruined by one person?

@hyperrush wrote:
Yes, 4 times.
Just to be clear, I was giving kudos to your "One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!" 
Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for to understand why. I appriciate you taking the time to explain that 🙂

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

You are complaining about a buyer not reading 6 sentences and you failed to read the note on your feedback page that feedback percentage is based on the preceding 12 months.

Yes people fail to read.

Radine

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

@unknown-shopper wrote:

@his_mine_isnowyours wrote:

I don't see what is silly about this question. If one person left all 5 stars, it wouldn't affect the feedback score that drastically. I thought maybe it would be a 99.9% after all its 1 out of 153.

Feedback % is based on the last 12 months, not everything, so it's 1 out of 61 = 98.4

The last 12 months based on monthly evaluations, I think, isn't it?.  I had one negative that hung around for 14 months and as I sold less and less, that single one kept dragging it down in increments to finally 99.5% or something.   

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 20 of 50
latest reply

Send a feedback request to change the unfair feedback....  remind them that the precise measurements were provided in the listing and the listing clearly says no returns.

The first unfair feedback burns the worst.  The next won't bother you as much.

Don't fret, it all seems to work out in the long run.  Put that buyer on your BBL.

What was the reason the person put for the return request?  Not as described?  or changed mind?  If they put not as described I would report them for misusing returns.  In the report, I would ask for the negative feedback to be removed as it is retaliatory.  If they are opening a lot of return requests and attempting to get the seller to pay for return shipping by selecting not as described, the sellers need to start reporting them to Ebay.  You may be the 10th person this year that has gotten an unfair return request from this buyer.  Some portion may be paying for the unfair returns to avoid unresolved cases....

(& a 35" waist is nowhere near a child's size waist.... what is this buyer smoking?)LOL

I would have sent a feedback revision first.  If they didn't revise, I would have responded to their feedback a bit stronger than you did.... something like:

Sellers Beware... UNFAIR NEG- FAILED TO TAKE OWN MEASUREMENTS.  

If they didn't select not as described why wouldn't you let them return.  I mean, yes this person is silly for paying $7 shipping to return a $6 belt to you.  But you aren't out anything and you have your $6 belt back and you don't have a negative.   Doesn't that seem like a better option???????  Its not like you offered free shipping even....

I never understand why some sellers have such strong anti return policies especially when Ebay has the MBG.

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

I think the OPs feedback response is great. Yours on the other hand would make you look like an angry person who may be hard to deal with when problems occur.

Whoever ends up looking best in feedback wins, it's like a game. However if you use words like "beware" and "scamer", all capitals or excessive exclamation marks it can make you look like a lunatic and prove the feedback was correct.

Message 22 of 50
latest reply

Sometimes You really want:

SELLERS BEWARE in your feedback response

those 2 words say it all.

If you see me respond to a buyer that way.. trust me you will know that person is someone to BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

Check out my feedback.  You will see what I mean.

Message 23 of 50
latest reply

LOL. I can see the humor in this. However, my overlooking the note didn't result in ruining someone elses reputation.

Message 24 of 50
latest reply

Most sellers will never get to see the feedback since most sales are now fixed price, BIN or sniped.

So for the most part the only people who will see that warning are future bidders. Good buyers do not want to deal with temperamental sellers. As good buyers stop buying your items you get more bad bidders because they don't care what you want.

Negative terms and negative wording in your feedback are self-fulfilling prophesies. Sellers want to look good to future buyers, not like difficult people.

Message 25 of 50
latest reply

@his_mine_isnowyours  So sorry about the negative. I applaud you for replying to it in a calm "just the facts, ma'am" fashion. So many sellers get crazy, replying in all caps and name calling ....which just makes the seller look bad.

Message 26 of 50
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

So for the most part the only people who will see that warning are future bidders. Good buyers do not want to deal with temperamental sellers. As good buyers stop buying your items you get more bad bidders because they don't care what you want.

Negative terms and negative wording in your feedback are self-fulfilling prophesies. Sellers want to look good to future buyers, not like difficult people.

Future bidders on Ebay often times are also sellers so they get what I am writing about.

I'm not saying to call the buyer a liar, loser, scum, etc. in feedback.  But it is OK to write Sellers Beware.  

If you respond with an apology you are acting like you did something wrong and you agree with the assessment of the delusional buyer that left you an unfair feedback.  If that works for you, fine.  Go for it.

It doesn't work for me.  

I will continue to warn that this feedback is unfair with Sellers Beware... and I think most people on Ebay get that is not being difficult or temperamental.  

You can apologize away if you wish...  be a push-over ... see how far that gets you....

How far has it gotten you by the way???.. writing I'm sorry in response to unfair feedbacks as you are recommending to this seller?

Message 27 of 50
latest reply

I've never had a negative as a seller. However I would calmly respond with my side. No ranting or caps that make me look difficult.

Saying "I'm sorry this didn't fit but the measurements were in the listing" is not an admission of guilt. It is an admission of being a sympathetic human being.

Message 28 of 50
latest reply

Here's the difference in philosophy as far as I see it.

I see feedback as advertising. It reflects who I am as a person and how I treat people.

You see this feedback as a way to punish the buyer and warn other people who just so happen to be your competitors. Who won't even see the feedback until it's too late.

Personally I think future potential buyers are more important than my competitors.

That's how I see it in a nutshell.

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I've never had a negative as a seller.

Saying "I'm sorry this didn't fit but the measurements were in the listing" is not an admission of guilt. It is an admission of being a sympathetic human being.

You are wrong.  Apologizing is expressing regret for something that one has done wrong.  "I'm sorry" is an apology.  

& why do you want to sympathize with someone who is trying to unfairly destroy your livelihood?   Are you kidding me?  Is that really what you are recommending this seller do?  

People often times make recommendations on these boards that they themselves would never actually follow.  I suspect if you did ever receive an UNFAIR negative there is no way you would actually respond with "I'm sorry..."

Message 30 of 50
latest reply