cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Recommerce Day

It's finally here.  Another promotion focused on luxury handbags, watches and sneakers.  What a surprise.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Happy Recommerce Day

@hartungcards  The recommerce "home page takeover" is supposed to happen at Noon ET, so I don't think it has happened yet.

Not that I expect to see much of anything featured that is not from a focus category. But if they want to surprise us, this is their chance! LOL

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

It's already on a banner on the homepage.  Read it and weep.  Yet another nothing burger from eBay.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

@hartungcards  Well, I'm glad someone is seeing it. So far, I'm just seeing the summer Sale and the other stuff that's been there. Nothing about Recommence. 

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

It's such an important event, you have to open the banner at the top of the page.  On second thought, don't bother, it just takes you to a page of nothing new.  Literally and figuratively.  Happy Luxury Handbags Day.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

It's so special, ebay is hiding it from me. Seriously. I see the Valueaddedresourse blog has a post about this, including a screen shot of the banner you are talking about, but me.....I don't se any of that. I've refreshed the page with no luck. Guess I need to clear out cache or something.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

Maybe even eBay realized what a waste of time this thing is.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

@hartungcards Well, we're almost an hour into the event, and I've got.....nothing.

devon@ebay 

Any idea why some of us are not seeing the Recommerce Homepage Takeover ? It started at noon ET. I've closed and reopened my browser, and I cleaned out cache. And I've tried refreshing my homepage multiple times. This is definitely putting a damper on my Recommerce Day Party.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

You aren't missing anything.  All I see is a few sellers and they are selling handbags, shoes, and watches.  Things I am not buying or not buying on eBay.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

As to be expected. Sad other resellers aren't allowed to participate.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

I see on my home page, the slogan is "Recommerce Day: Shop Pre-Loved."

And there's also a rolling sign: ReEvaluate, ReConnect, ReUse, ReImagine, ReInvent.

Any of these other words would have been better than ReCommerce.

Pre-loved connotes something someone else loved, and the buyer will love it, too.

Reevaluate, reconnect, reuse, reimagine, reinvent remind of us of recycling, which is always wonderful -- to take a used item and give it new life and purpose.

Any of these words make me think of an item with history and character.

Recommerce sounds cold and sterile. Like industrial machine parts or junk shipped from China.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

"I wonder how much the person who came up with that name gets paid."

I'm sure it required a whole committee to come up with this dud.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

I see the header at my end:

Recommerce Day

Save channel

Shop pre-loved luxury finds and win stylish giveaways on 5/21.

Sorry, I'm confused! 

Win what and how?

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

"Win what?"   You can win a luxury handbag.

"...and how?"  Who cares?

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Happy Recommerce Day

59f28339ce19b57f83f4036cd526a55c.png

It is at the top bar, easy to miss

Message 15 of 38
latest reply