cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] What is "settlement date" in 1099K monthly details

Hi,

I need some help with Ebay 1099K form.

I have my own record of every sale based on sold date. Paypal's 1099k matches my record perfectly in previous years. Ebay's 1099k looks a lot different from my own record.

After looking into Ebay 1099k detail excel sheet for every month, I found out that ebay uses "settlement date" instead of the actual sale's date.  So what is "settlement date"? 

It looks like I need to change my own record to this format. Any other suggestions?

Any comment/suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: [HELP] What is "settlement date" in 1099K monthly details

The settlement date is the date the funds are *available* to be paid out to you. If you are on a weekly instead of daily payout, like I am, it is not the date they are paid to you.  The 1099-K reconciliation reports were the only way I figured this out, since my weekly payout and accrual accounting mean that my numbers and eBay's do not match either.  And my regular transaction reports do not include the settlement date and the payout date, only the payout date.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

anyone know?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Settlement date is the date that the funds are transferred to you.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pineapple1900 wrote:

Hi,

I need some help with Ebay 1099K form.

I have my own record of every sale based on sold date. Paypal's 1099k matches my record perfectly in previous years. Ebay's 1099k looks a lot different from my own record.

After looking into Ebay 1099k detail excel sheet for every month, I found out that ebay uses "settlement date" instead of the actual sale's date.  So what is "settlement date"? 

It looks like I need to change my own record to this format. Any other suggestions?

Any comment/suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated!

That's the date that eBay send the payment to your bank.

If you get sales toward the end of the month the payment might not be

paid out until the next month after the sale.

For example if you have sales in December some of them might be on

next years 1099K.

That's why your numbers don't match up.

It wasn't an issue with PayPal because there was no delay

with the payment but it is with eBay Managed Payments.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The settlement date is the date the funds are *available* to be paid out to you. If you are on a weekly instead of daily payout, like I am, it is not the date they are paid to you.  The 1099-K reconciliation reports were the only way I figured this out, since my weekly payout and accrual accounting mean that my numbers and eBay's do not match either.  And my regular transaction reports do not include the settlement date and the payout date, only the payout date.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I'm on weekly payout. Is there any way that I can convert sold date to settlement date? I have to do a roughly annual sale's report at end the year.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply