cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?? HELP - MOVE/TRANSFER 9,000+ LISTINGS from my eBay to my Son's eBay site

I want to give my son most of my listings. I figure I can do a bulk edit to replace the body of my listings with his theme and then shift them all over. I know I moved hundreds of listings from eCRATER to eBay a few years ago with a CSV file, but can I do this eBay to eBay? DIO

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: ?? HELP - MOVE/TRANSFER 9,000+ LISTINGS from my eBay to my Son's eBay site

not so easily with eBay.  I tried to find a place to do a download of all listings and couldn't.

There are third party listings tools that can help you do this.  Most help you download your listings to a database.  Then you should be able to edit listings and relist on eBay under your son's account.

I know sixbit will do this because I use it.  Within sixbit you can set up 2 user IDS.  Once the listings are in the database, you can easily switch them to the second user ID (your son).  Sixbit is a month to month subscription so when you are done, you can just cancel the subscription and pay no penalty.

(ps. I am a proud sixbit user and get nothing for suggesting this software)

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Go to the Reports Tab of the seller hub (this was formerly known as File Exchange), it's a bit complex but you can download current listings to a csv file then you would need to "massage" the file to change the seller name.

Be warned that you may encounter some fields that can't be downloaded so you would need to modify the csv file before uploading.

Another option is to sign up for a trial of a third-party lister like SixBit or Wonderlister, both of those would allow you to download from one id and then upload to a different id.

With the number of listings you have you might consider using third-party tools on a regular basis, they can prevent many errors and save you a lot of time (and money). Wonderlister has the lowest fees.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you both.  DIO  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There is a much easier way. Give your son your password and then have him change his Ebay name to whatever he desires.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

There is a much easier way. Give your son your password and then have him change his Ebay name to whatever he desires.

That is a really bad suggestion that would likely result in the account being permanently suspended along with any associated accounts that currently exist or are opened down the road.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you postcardcountry.  Do the listings have to be live or can I do the transfer from unsold.  I'm thinking do the bulk editing while they are running then end them and move them to his site.  Everything will remain the same except the body of the listing my scheme to his.  Thing is my card description will be lost this way.  He plans to just add in "Card pitcured and titled being offered" or something like this.  DIO  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I don't wanna lose my site just give him all my listings and start a different format/scheme.  He has 40,000 listings 25,000 Card ones and the rest everything under the sun.  DIO

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Even if it did work out it would cause an income tax nightmare as eBay accounts are now registered with social security numbers.  The question would be whether or not you could completely change ownership of an existing account

Message 9 of 9
latest reply