cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED “Offensive material policy”

did anyone else receive an email today saying listings are removed because of  offensive material policy. I’m freaking out because I had 1800 items and everything was removed but 1. I have no idea what is going on because I only sell Vintage collectibles and clothing!!!  Nothing offensive!! Hope someone can tell me what is going on!!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: HELP ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED “Offensive material policy”

Tried to message Trinton...... apparently, he has messaging shut down, received the following when I tried to send. 

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• None of the users have PM enabled. Message will not be sent.
Message 16 of 93
latest reply

If this is your second account, were both account listings removed?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 17 of 93
latest reply

"Tried to message Trinton...... apparently, he has messaging shut down, received the following when I tried to send. "

Message 14 called a blue, now you wait and hope they respond here

-------------
Posting ID
Message 18 of 93
latest reply

@tonto1117 wrote:
I've had my share of "glitch du jours" over the years.....but never a doozy like this! Good grief! You are seeing no listings, correct? ....

Right ... no active listings for you, but 500 Completed listings results,  including 73 Sold items.

Is it too much to hope that when eBay corrects this, they can re-activate those Completed listings (so they retain their watchers) rather than relisting them for the sellers?

Message 19 of 93
latest reply

I have a buy and sell accounts. My other "buy" account I rarely use (probably 4-5 years ago was the last time I used it).

Message 20 of 93
latest reply

-------------
Posting ID
Message 21 of 93
latest reply

So if ebay suddenly has an epiphany and decides to restrict all Black Americana items, do that, don't just suddenly remove ALL a seller's listings.

Message 22 of 93
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Is it too much to hope that when eBay corrects this, they can re-activate those Completed listings (so they retain their watchers) rather than relisting them for the sellers?

Sorry OP, this sucks. And unfortunately I’ve never heard of eBay ever retaining sold history and watchers on relistings. Back when ebay removed a bunch of my listings (some lame UPC issue, which apparently now is no longer an issue), they always said if I relisted the item I would retain all that data. Obviously we all know they were just blowing smoke up my bum.

Message 23 of 93
latest reply

"Had no listing in "Black Americana" or anything that would be considered "offensive"

You had a "LAWN JOCKEY BOOKENDS BLACK AMERICANA" in a title. One listing shouldn't get you shut down though...

And sorry, for some reason I thought you and the OP were the same, my bad!

-------------
Posting ID
Message 24 of 93
latest reply

That was the first thing that came to my mind when this happened especially after I heard the news about what they did! All 1900 listings have disappeared and Ofcourse no sales today! I have nothing offensive listed! And Ofcourse I just got of the phone with them and “that department” is not available to speak with on the phone! So now I have to wait another 24 hours for them to reply and who knows what will happen! If I have to list all these items again I’m going to freaking lose it because it could take me weeks!!! I hope this gets resolved ASAP!!
Message 25 of 93
latest reply

I sell clothing and vintage collectibles nothing offensive!
Message 26 of 93
latest reply

Instead of the 50k free listings they need to not charge us for our store subscription! Who the hell can list 50k a month?
Message 27 of 93
latest reply

I only have one account
Message 28 of 93
latest reply

@redvelvet15 wrote: ...  If I have to list all these items again I’m going to freaking lose it because it could take me weeks!!! I hope this gets resolved ASAP!!

They are in your Completed listings, so if eBay doesn't somehow restore the listings' active status (which would preserve their Watchlist status) then you just have to relist them all, you won't have to re-create them.

Message 29 of 93
latest reply

@redvelvet15 wrote:
I sell clothing and vintage collectibles nothing offensive!

Like @tonto1117  ,you also had a lawn jockey item.

Or maybe the Ike and Sandy collection had too much watermelon in it? Who knows what offends anybody anymore.

Message 30 of 93
latest reply