cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEADS UP TO SELLERS WHO USE PROMOTED LISTINGS STANDARD

I USE PROMOTED LISTINGS STANDARD BECAUSE I AM FORCED TO. OTHERWISE, MY LISTINGS WILL NOT BE SEEN. UP TO THIS POINT, THE % THAT WAS SET, WAS DEDUCTED FROM THE BASE SELLING PRICE OF THE ITEM. COMING SOON, I BELIEVE JUNE 1, THE PROMOTED RATE WILL BE CALCULATED FROM THE ENTIRE SALE(SHIPPING+TAX+ITEM). BASICALLY THE SAME WAY FINAL VALUE FEES ARE CALCULATED. SO THE TAKEAWAY HERE IS: A LITTLE MORE FOR THEM, AND A LITTLE LESS FOR US.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: HEADS UP TO SELLERS WHO USE PROMOTED LISTINGS STANDARD

This has been known for a while. It sucks, but also makes things a little more fair for those that do free shipping. Would be nice if they didn't do sales tax though. But I also won't lose sleep over it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@sew_fastenating 

i like your username...very creative

i hate all caps...

Learn to use promoted listings strategically....you do not need to promo everything...."see other items" is your friend 

get your buyers in the door and let them browse

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

To clarify a tad, no one is "forcing" you to do anything. You CHOOSE to use promoted listings.... 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Old news but I've got to hand it to ebay,  They are so creative with coming up with another seller fee increase (more for them, less for the seller) 

Your line of products deserves its own .com selling site. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:

To clarify a tad, no one is "forcing" you to do anything. You CHOOSE to use promoted listings.... 

AND you choose the rate! If the new calculation method means your PL rate is too high......LOWER the rate!

One thing for sure, sellers who use "free shipping" don't care about this change and will welcome the fact they are no longer "punished".

I use PL sparingly and I only use the 1% rate so I can't lower the amount I'll be paying. On the other hand I'm selective about my PL use and only use it for dead stock where the fact of a sale is much more important than the rate.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

AND you choose the rate! If the new calculation method means your PL rate is too high......LOWER the rate!

One thing for sure, sellers who use "free shipping" don't care about this change and will welcome the fact they are no longer "punished".

I use PL sparingly and I only use the 1% rate so I can't lower the amount I'll be paying. On the other hand I'm selective about my PL use and only use it for dead stock where the fact of a sale is much more important than the rate.

Amen on that.  Might even get me to do more with PLs and free shipping.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Capital Racism?

I thought that only happened on sesame street.  Never knew it was a "thing".

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 8
latest reply