cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gucci authenticate

I have this Gucci necklace and I've googled and searched everywhere for it and can not find online, I was wondering if it is real or fake, please help 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Gucci authenticate

@legendofashlee wrote:

I have this Gucci necklace and I've googled and searched everywhere for it and can not find online, I was wondering if it is real or fake, please help 

The fact you can't find something similar in your searches, doesn't bode very well. Does the chain have a Gucci tag? It should if it's Gucci. I haven't found any Gucci pendants that have a tag hanging off them either.

You could try contacting the company? See if they can validate it or not. I wouldn't list it as Gucci under the circumstances right now. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@legendofashlee

There are several PAID authentication sites but....

Try posting this over on the Fashion Board to see if it's worth the money to go for a paid service.

I don't authenticate Gucci but there's a few that do. Jewelry is more difficult to do with just photos as bags & clothing tend to have more markers that an be checked. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

It might take a few days to get a reply.

CHEERS 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes the chain has a Gucci stamp on it to along with 925

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anyone can stamp, "Gucci" on something as well as a fake purification number.  I have a fake Gucci person I paid $3 for at a yard sale I'd like to sell you for $500 just because it has Gucci on it.  See what we mean?  Please get this checked.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, which is why I'm trying to check not just go and sell it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Looks authentic to me. Sure, anyone can stamp a name on something, but they rarely get it right.  The mark on the back is correct.  

I recently came across a fake Gucci bracelet. I could tell it was fake the moment I picked it up. Looking on the inside confirmed that - no maker's mark at all.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The US has very stringent requirements regarding the importation of goods and the country of origin.

You can import something made in China that is stamped "Gucci", as long as it is also stamped, "Made in China".  No problem.

This is stamped "Made in Italy". Also I recognise the signature as around 80's.

Check out Vintage Fashion Guild to compare.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply