cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a Neg Feedback - How would you handle?

First, this buyer bough a CD and then immediately sent a cancel request and then immediately sent me mail asking to not cancel but they had wrong address and to just send the order to address they gave in the mail. I canceled the order and then mailed them back and told them I cannot change the address on an order so I canceled and they can reorder using their correct address. They did reorder 2 days later, different address. 

Item was delivered  Jan 31st. Buyer today leaves negative feedback saying says delivered but never got the "DVD" - leaves the feedback on the canceled order they requested to cancel, not the order that states delivered with the tracking btw. 

Sent them a mail asked them why they left neg feedback without mailing me first? Also, why if they didn't get item not mail me sooner or open a item not received claim? Investigation with USPS would sum it up as they can see EXACTLY where an item was scanned delivered (GPS, we can't see that info, USPS can). If wasn't delivered I'd refund or replace the item.

Talked to ebay rep and explained the above they said they filed for a feedback removal - sounds like the buyer purchased a DVD from another seller perhaps then left neg feedback to me instead of actual seller of the DVD (pretty hard to confuse a DVD to a CD). Also had me click and fill out feedback revision request and said ebay rep would contact me within a few days. 

So on top of this, I had 1001 feedback prior to this buyers negative, it's now 1000, pretty certain they left positive feedback a week ago or so but somehow removed the positive and replaced with a negative? I didn't know could remove or revise feedback once left, Ebay rep said buyers can - have no idea how I tried with purchases I had made and wouldn't let me do anything feedback wise - extremely weird. 

Anyways, I didn't reply to the feedback (on the feedback i mean) - I did what I said, sent the buyer a mail and I then talked to ebay about it. Should I leave a reply to the feedback? Figured I'd wait and see if buyer mails me back or see if ebay removes the neg feedback first... don't want to jump the gun on anything. Possible also they didn't get the package but again, if they didn't I can find out with USPS investigation and I can replace (send them another CD) or refund. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Got a Neg Feedback - How would you handle?

Why are you calling eBay to have that negative feedback removed and having to wait?
Sending the buyer a revision request could be futile, most just ignore it. 
Have you considered using the feedback removal tool? I've used it several times and had both negative and neutral feedback removed with it, never requiring a call back from eBay.

You can either click the link I provided or you can click Help & Contact click Request to Remove feedback.
Explain in the comment box your buyer received their item, never contacted you regarding the buyers concern.
You would do what you can to make it right but buyer didn't give you a chance. Include the tracking showing the item was delivered.

It takes minutes for the feedback to be removed. No waiting days for CS reps if they actually do anything, they are notorious for telling you what you want to hear to get you off the phone to move on to the next call. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@nuclearomen 

but somehow removed the positive and replaced with a negative?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The feedback count is correct, one negative takes away one positive. I am with you, the negative feedback on the cancelled transaction needs removed,

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@nuclearomen 

but somehow removed the positive and replaced with a negative?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The feedback count is correct, one negative takes away one positive. I am with you, the negative feedback on the cancelled transaction needs removed,

@ten_o_nine is that so? idk, not sure but I thought they left positive a week ago or so, noticed feedback went from 1001 to 1000 when they left negative, that's why I said seemed like they were able to remove and replace, which rep said buyer can do but I wasn't able to do when I tried to replicate it on a feedback I gave on a purchase. 

In anycase, your likely correct and I'm not there. 

But yes, the feedback needs removed. All the buyer needed to do was message me about an issue and I can confirm the package delivery via USPS with the GPS stamp on the delivery scan, then replace or refund or whatever need to be done. Or they could have filed a INR and dealt with the matter that way, either way, would have been addressed and corrected. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Why are you calling eBay to have that negative feedback removed and having to wait?
Have you considered using the feedback removal tool? I've used it several times and had both negative and neutral feedback removed with it, never requiring a call back from eBay.

You can either click the link I provided or you can click Help & Contact click Request to Remove feedback.
Explain in the comment box your buyer received their item, never contacted you regarding the buyers concern.
You would do what you can to make it right but buyer didn't give you a chance. Include the tracking showing the item was delivered.

It takes minutes for the feedback to be removed. No waiting days for CS reps if they actually do anything, they are notorious for telling you what you want to hear to get you off the phone to move on to the next call. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

I thought they left positive a week ago or so, noticed feedback went from 1001 to 1000 when they left negative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will happen when anyone leaves a negative, it doesn't matter who left the negative, your score will go down by 1, the positive they left will still be there, they cannot change that.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Have you considered using the feedback removal tool?

@ebooksdiva 

Uhm...said rep have me do that. Why are you asking me why I didn't do something like I have some kind of experience with this and should know? Never had a negative feedback hth would I know about a removal tool, i did what the rep had me do. 

In anycase, appreciate your reply and yes, I did use the tool you provided a link for after reading the post, thank you. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm Sorry, I just assumed all sellers were aware of that tool. 
I noticed it worked for you..congrats. 
Again... my humble apologies.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

UPDATE:
I got a message that ebay is removing the negative feedback for violation of seller protection policy, it was already removed just checked. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It's already gone...🙌 🙌 👍

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

I'm Sorry, I just assumed all sellers were aware of that tool. 
I noticed it worked for you..congrats. 
Again... my humble apologies.

it's OK, I knew about the tool I wouldn't have called ebay, assume the rep didn't know either cause they didn't mention any tool just the revision request. But yes, they removed the negative. Hopefully that ends it. I assume they can't go and leave neg on the order that they re-ordered the item on (the one that shows the item was delivered)?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply